• 27.04.2024, 12:18
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

C47

Leakshield and ZMT / EPDM soft tubing

Dienstag, 16. Mai 2023, 01:37

Hi All,

The leak-shield manual recommends using hard tubing for builds and if soft tubing:

"As a broad rule, the outer diameter of PVC tubing should be at least 1.5 times the inner diameter of soft tubing.

For PUR tubing, a factor of 1.2 is usually sufficient. Hardtubes are generally suit-able. Without information on compatibility, we recommend testing at slightly in-creased negative pressure and maximum water temperature before use."

Questions:

1. Does anyone have experience with using leakshield with ZMT? The 9.5mm/15.9mm tubing meets the 1.5x times requirement.

2. Has anyone tried Alphacool's EPDM (10/13) which doesnt meet the 1.5 requirement, noting it is not PVC but EPDM and so maybe the 1.5x requirement isnt necessary?

Just looking for case / experiences if anyone has tried it. I know the Alphacool's tubing is a lot more bendier than ZMT.

Thanks

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »C47« (16. Mai 2023, 01:44)

Dienstag, 16. Mai 2023, 03:28

I tried using Alphacool Alphatube 10mm/13mm with my Leakshield. When I put the Leakshield into Shield mode it caused the tubing walls to collapse. I switched to 10mm/16mm (actually 3/8" / 5/8") and it worked fine. The extra ~3mm of wall thickness was enough to stop the tubing from collapsing. If you set the Pressure to Adaptive, the Leakshield will only pump to ~250mbar instead of 425mbar. You might get away with it but I recommend using a thicker walled tubing. I never tried 10mm/13mm EPDM so I don't know if that would work.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (16. Mai 2023, 03:29)