• 27.04.2024, 09:56
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Octo/Quadro for dual loop control and monitoring

Freitag, 16. Juni 2023, 13:15

Can anyone offer an advice on how to best monitor and two separate loops with either Octo or quadro including use of two flow sensors. Both Octo/Quadro have only one flow sensor connection but my understanding is that I could possibly one of the fan connectors to monitor the other flow sensor? Would it be better to use two Quadros, one for each loop.
Also does anyone know if Phanteks fans D30s and/or EK products are compatible with RGBpx with appropriate adaptors? I am a bit of a novice so the more detailed the answer, the more helpful it would be :)

Freitag, 16. Juni 2023, 16:21

Also does anyone know if Phanteks fans D30s and/or EK products are compatible with RGBpx with appropriate adaptors?
The Phanteks D30 Fans are compatible with the RGBpx. The RGBpx System is limited to 90 LEDs for each channel, so you can only connect 3 Phanteks D30 Fans to one RGBpx Channel.
EK products are also compatible, if they use D-RGB LEDs. (please read the item description in their shop. if the product has D-RGB, it is compatible, if it has RGB, it is not.)

Samstag, 17. Juni 2023, 03:01

There are some things about the D30 LEDs that you should be aware of.

I bought some D30s and they work fine with Aquasuite RGBpx. Just be aware that Phanteks has mirrored the LEDs in pairs. The pairs are arranged to start with 2 adjacent LEDs then split and go around the fan in opposite directions. I’m not sure why they did this but I read that the Lion Li Uni fan LEDs are also paired, so maybe it’s a thing now. I don’t like it because the whole point of DRGB LEDs is that they are INDIVIDUALLY controllable. With the D30, they are not. This arrangement will affect RGB effects that light LEDs sequentially. Also, there are also only 30 LEDs, not 32 despite what Phanteks marketing says.

The reason the pairing matters is that when you set up an LED controller (effect) in Aquasuite, you have to tell it how many LEDs there are. Aquasuite uses these numbers to calculate how much current is being sourced to the LEDs. With the D30, if you set 15 LEDs in Aquasuite, all 30 LEDs will be lit (because they are paired). So Aquasuite thinks it’s driving 15 LEDs but it’s really driving 30. If you connect 3 D30s, the total will be 90 LEDs but you will set 45 LEDs in Aquasuite. Because of the LED pairing, if you were to connect 6 D30s to 1 RGBpx port and set it for 90 LEDs, all 180 LEDs would light up but you would overload the RGBpx port because Aquasuite thinks it’s driving 90 LEDs (it’s limit) but it’s really driving 180 LEDs. So DO NOT do this but be aware of it.