• 27.04.2024, 08:41
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Preparing for custom loop with Leakshield, air release valve needed?

Dienstag, 11. Juli 2023, 08:04

Hello watercoolers,
I'm preparing for a custom loop in my system, soft tubes 16/10. Already bought the Ultitube 100 with Leakshield and the filling valve/bracket (and cpu/gpu waterblocks). My shopping cart for the rest of the stuff is also filled, but not ordered yet. I have a drain valve on the list. My question is about an air exhaust/release valve: Is that really necessary since I already have the filling valve? I mean, I could use that to let air escape when draining and holding it higher then the radiator in top-position, right? Or wouldn't it work to get the system to help drain by turning on the leaktest while closing the drain temporarily, since it puts (-)pressure on the system? Are there other ways?
Long question short, do I need to place a dedicated air release valve in the top of my system?

Thanks in advance!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Urshurak« (11. Juli 2023, 08:38)

Dienstag, 11. Juli 2023, 16:31

Saw there is a PET bottle adapter. Ordered that, thanks.

Leakshield - Release Valve

Dienstag, 11. Juli 2023, 18:43

I don't use a release valve. There's a built-in "Release" function in Aquasuite for setting the Leakshield modes. ( Check the manual ). If that's not enough,
you can just unscrew the Leakshield device.

Sticky fill port valve

Dienstag, 11. Juli 2023, 20:51

On more thing:

I also have the fill valve. Mine was very stiff and initially difficult to get to open, which I discovered only after I had it assembled in the loop. I had to
remove it from the loop and 1) stick the tube in the valve and force it to open by using pliers on the tubing 20-30 times before the valve would open/close
consistently. I also put some dry lube ( no oil-based ) into the inlet side of the valve to help as well.

My suggestion: Play around with the valve BEFORE assembling it into the loop so 1) you can see how it's working ( blow into the valve to be sure it's opening );
and 2) loosen it up if needed.

After I finally got mine working I really liked the functionality.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »demilleroh« (16. Juli 2023, 14:27)

Montag, 24. Juli 2023, 18:44

Thanks, I didn't even use it. I used the release valve/tube to fill.