• 27.04.2024, 07:31
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Getting hard crashes and yellow/amber light on ASUS Motherboard after updating AquaSuite to version X.69

Dienstag, 18. Juli 2023, 19:23

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if others may be running into similar issues after updating to X.69. PC specs as follows:

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950X
GPU: Nvidia 4080 FE
Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
RAM: Corsair 64GB Dominator Platinum 3600MHz CL16
PSU: Corsair HX1000i
Storage: Samsung 990 Pro 2TB

I recently returned from vacation and I started to update my apps and run Windows updates when all of a sudden my PC would either lock up or hard crash with a yellow light over the DRAM indicator on the motherboard. I initially thought it was the RAM so I did the following:

• Reseated the RAM,
  • Reseated the RAM in a different order
  • Ran a full Memtest (which lasted 8+ hours with a clean bill of health and the issue did not occur while this was happening).

I was due to replace my GPU with my. Same issue kept happening.
I decided to do a fresh install of Windows. Everything was fine while I was installing my apps again until after I installed AquaSuite. The same issue was happening again. I then recalled the issue started when I updated it at the start. I reverted back to a pre-AquaSuite Restore Point and installed everything else (with the exception of AquaSuite) and the issue hasn't reproduced since.

Considering the fact that Memtest ran a complete test fine without reproducing the issue and that it hasn't happened since I've refrained from installing AquaSuite, I feel this a very strange problem with the motherboard reporting a DRAM issue. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »ColinChang« (19. Juli 2023, 09:26)

Mittwoch, 19. Juli 2023, 04:52

Wow. This is a very weird problem. FWIW, I am running X.69 on a Dark Hero, 5950X, Asus TUF 3080, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, Thermaltake 850W PSU, 980Pro, 970EVO+ - pretty similar system. No problems and certainly nothing like that.

Windows 10 or 11? There have been some Windows 11-specific issues, USB related. X.69 had a Windows 11 USB device detection bug fix. When you reverted with Restore Point, Aquasuite was not installed at all? You said it started when you updated Aquasuite. What version were you running before you updated to X.69? Do you have Microsoft .NET version 7.0 installed? They updated from .NET 4.8 to .NET 7.0 with Aquasuite release X.60. When Aquasuite X.69 was running, did you have sensor polling enabled, or audio/video processing (for audio/video controlled LED effects)?

Mittwoch, 19. Juli 2023, 09:47

Yup, really strange indeed. The fact that it hasn't happened since is what's really puzzling me.

I'm on Windows 10. That is correct, the restore point does not have AquaSuite installed.
I honestly can't remember, I believe it was X.60 since it was only a few months ago when I started using it along with my Aqua Computer components.
I don't know about sensor polling unfortunately, and I'm assuming I audio/video processing enabled since I was using the RGB on the D5 Next and Ultitube.

Donnerstag, 20. Juli 2023, 00:48

I am just trying to think of things that could possibly cause a problem like this. That yellow LED is a DRAM problem indicator that normally would never come on unless there is a bad DIMM or a bad RAM overclock, or the training failed for whatever reason. Having this LED come on due to a software problem after the machine has booted and loaded the OS is very unusual.

Since you are running Windows 10, you can rule out any Windows 11 specific issues. Aquasuite X.60 was a major update in which they migrated from .NET 4.8 to .NET 7.0. Installing .NET 7.0 was absolutely required for X.60 to run. You can read about this in the New Aquasuite X Thread Release Notes for X.60 You can check what versions of .NET are installed by opening a command prompt and typing dotnet --list-runtimes. If .NET 7.0 (or later) is not installed you can download it HERE. I don’t know if this could cause the problem you are having.

Just because you have RGBpx running LEDs on the pump and Ultitube does not mean that you have the audio/video processing enabled. These features are only needed if you have LEDs that are controlled by sound or video (which they call Ambientpx). I don’t use either but have read posts in the past where these features have caused problems so it may be worth making sure they are disabled. The settings are in the Aquasuite section, Audio and Video tab. You can read about sound and video controlled RGB effects in the D5 Next manual sections 12.3, 12.4, and 20.6. You can’t have things like AMD Eyefinity, Nvidia Surround, or Nvidia G-Sync active when Ambientpx is enabled.

I think sensor polling is enabled by default. I don’t use it because I import all the sensor data from HWINFO via its Shared Memory Interface feature. HWINFO polls a lot more than Aquasuite and it is updated much more often, so I use it instead of having Aquasuite directly poll sensors. Sensor polling is in the Aquasuite section, Service Tab. There are 7 check boxes that can be enabled or disabled. I suggest disabling them all for testing. You could also try adding a delay before Aquasuite starts. Sometimes it can start before some drivers are loaded which can cause issues. You can set a start delay in the Aquasuite section, Service tab. A start delay of 3 to 5 seconds is usually enough, You should also check the box that says, "Automatically reset USB connection in case of errors".

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (20. Juli 2023, 00:52)

Dienstag, 25. Juli 2023, 00:21

Thanks for the advice, I did run the command prompt and .NET 7.0 is showing to be installed.

I installed AquaSuite again on Friday, I did get one lock up on the PC approx 30 minutes afrer installing it but no yellow / amber DRAM light that time. During the next reboot, I did as you suggested and unticked all of the boxes in the Services tab as well as increasing the delay to 10 seconds just to be safe. The tickbox for "Automatically reset USB connection in case of errors" was already applied.

Since I made those changes on Saturday and using my PC a lot between that time, the PC was been running fine, like it was prior to me going on vacation. I'm still apprehensive about opening AquaSuite still but I'm confident that the issue has been resolved. I'm still puzzled on how this all happened but I'm glad I'm back to a place with my PC that I don't feel worried that it'll randomly crash.

Thanks again for the tips.

Dienstag, 25. Juli 2023, 04:33

Good to hear things are working and glad some of my suggestions were useful. It still doesn't explain why this happened or which thing you changed seems to have solved it. I suspect a sensor polling issue is the most likely cause. Does your Corsair Dominator RAM have LEDs? If yes, are you using ICue to control the LEDs?

Programs like HWINFO, AIDA64, SIV, CPU-z, and Aquasuite all use a mutex when polling system sensors. The mutex locks the sensor while the program is polling it. If this is not done, and another program tries to poll the same sensor at the same time, there can be a polling collision, which can cause all sorts of strange things to happen – anything from nonsense data to freezes and crashes. It is completely irresponsible to send out sensor poll requests without using a mutex to lock the sensor. Icue does not use a mutex to lock the sensors when it polls them. It just spits out polling requests like a drunk with a machine gun with no regard for other software that may also be attempting to poll the same sensor. Corsair was shown how to implement the mutex and did so in the later versions of Corsair Link. When they rolled out ICue, they stopped using the mutex due to being lazy, or stupid, or both.

Corsair control protocols are widely considered to be poorly designed and implemented. The authors of HWINFO, SIV, and AIDA have all expressed how difficult and frustrating it is to monitor Corsair devices due to their poorly written code. If you are running Aquasuite and ICue at the same time, and Aquasuite has Memory polling enabled, there may be a collision occurring when ICue and Aquasuite both attempt to poll the RAM at the same time. This would explain why the problem only happens when Aquasuite is running and polling the RAM. If you tick the box for Memory in the Service tab and your problem comes back, this will confirm that a polling collision is occurring due to ICue not using a mutex to lock the sensors on the RAM when it polls them. The solution is to disable the Memory polling in Aquasuite or get rid of Corsair’s bloated, buggy, poorly written software.

getting hard crashes

Mittwoch, 26. Juli 2023, 23:54

Ok so this is what i havefound so far regarding your hard crashing.
I to was suffering hard crashes,completely at random again on windows 10 &11 as well on an AMD CROSSHAIR VIII Formula AM4 motherboard.
128gb corsair vengeance rgb pro
etc
I to am running aquasuite the crashing didnt really come to a head until i had installed aquasuite and multiple products from aquacomputer,came from a fully corsair build everything Corsair,eventually icue became far too buggy so i rid myself of that.
Changed over to aquasuite-I would never look back after changing to aquasuite.
So regarding th crashing.
I found 2 causes of hanging and freezing.
I hadnt had a crash for months then:-
1st cause-Icue related whenever i had a set of hs80 headphones installed they were so comfy and great but whenever i was using them,yes my computer would lock up and hard freeze.
So i ruled icue as the culprit for that one.
Anytime i have icue installed in the past my pc would always seem to lockup and freeze at random.
2nd cause-Asus armoury crate-Absolute cancer of a program.

After removing both of these programs and not using them i havent had 1 single crash in about 4 months.
So i can safely say that was the cause more than likely armoury crate,but icue was just a bad as that triggered lockups as well.
Have a read about armoury crate on the asus forums-there are some vry interesting reads indeed and they are all about crashing.
Icue is just as bad again so buggy.

I can assure you it is not aquasuite related that your issue is happening with.
Hopefully this helps you adn again this is just my experience,yours may differ but hopefully you get things stable and running the way you want them to.
Mr Gerard M Stadalius

to add

Mittwoch, 26. Juli 2023, 23:56

Meant to say as well you don't need icue installed to colour your ram rgb either .
You can install icue-Colour your ram then remove icue.
Make sure you set your hardware lighting in icue the way you want before uninstalling icue.
You will still have the colour of ram you wish-Without icue installed.
Mr Gerard M Stadalius

Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2023, 21:16

I see that you have discovered the hard way that iCue is a bloated, buggy mess, and Armoury Crate is a borderline root kit. These programs are both on my list of software to NEVER install. The only reason I would install iCue is to update firmware in one of their controllers. I still have some Commander Pros, Lighting Node Pros, and Lighting Node Cores in my older rigs. Occasionally Corsair will release a firmware update and iCue is required to update the firmware. I do a Restore point before installing iCue so don’t have to fight with getting rid of it after doing a firmware update. Armoury Crate is just a NO. Period.

OP – You can probably control your Corsair RAM LEDs with OpenRGB or Signal RGB. I use OpenRGB to control the LEDs on my mobo, GPU, and G.Skill RAM – works great, and is free. Aquasuite cannot control these LEDs so for me this is the next best solution.