• 28.04.2024, 16:56
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Quadro CPU temp sensor in Linux

Sonntag, 29. Oktober 2023, 20:16

Hello, i have a Quadro fan controller that i have set up in windows and i have to use Linux for my studies. The problem is that i set a custom curve for my CPU cooler fan that depends on the CPU package temperature sensor. How could i make Linux Mint to give CPU temp reading to Quadro so it could control the fan just like on Windows?

Remayz

Sonntag, 29. Oktober 2023, 23:42

the easy way would be to stick a temperature probe on the aircooler and plug that on the quadro, set a curve on windows to control the fans based off that sensor and save it on the quadro's profile. Like that it'll work without need for any software.

Montag, 30. Oktober 2023, 18:33

Thats the easy way but far from perfect. I put the temp probe on one of my CPU air coolers heatpipes. Its readings fluctuate between 28 and 36 degrees C depending on CPU load. The problem is that when having short bursts of heavy CPU load, there is not enough time to heat the probe up and CPU temperature raises. Also, when having long CPU load (not necessary heavy) heatpipes soak with heat over time and Quadro speeds up the fans even CPU temp is not getting higher. Im pretty sure it all also depends on an ambient temperature and i dont want to keep playing with the settings every time my room temp changes. Is it really so difficult to make Quadro read CPU temperature in hardware level so it would not need OS service for that? I mean giving it the address of a motherboards chip responsible for monitoring CPU temperature or something like that.

Montag, 30. Oktober 2023, 19:34

The QUADRO can be used autonomously, but communicates with the outside world via the Aquasuite, or better via the service.
You can only access the hardware of your board or CPU via the Aquasuite or other software, e.g. HWInfo64.

To realize a control under Linux without software you have to connect all used sensors directly to the QUADRO.

Another possibility is to run the Aquasuite virtualized, e.g. Virtual Box.
This way you can also use software sensors.
As far as I know, there is no other possibility to realize this.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Remayz

Montag, 30. Oktober 2023, 20:02

Thats the easy way but far from perfect. I put the temp probe on one of my CPU air coolers heatpipes. Its readings fluctuate between 28 and 36 degrees C depending on CPU load. The problem is that when having short bursts of heavy CPU load, there is not enough time to heat the probe up and CPU temperature raises.
If the heat pipe, and the fins aren't hot yet, there's no point in accelerating the fans. It's the same thing with watercooling, just aircooling heats up faster. The fans don't cool your CPU directly, they cool the heatpipes, which cools your CPU. In practice it's the same since they heat up pretty quick.

And if you want the curve to adjust to ambient, you'd need an Aquaero, that can run virtual sensors internally, whereas the Quadro requires the Aquasuite service to do the same thing. but it would still be with temperature sensors, not reading the CPU temp directly.