• 28.04.2024, 19:03
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

What happens with Sensor Data imported from HWINFO when Shared Memory is Deactivated

Sonntag, 19. November 2023, 05:05

I stumbled upon a post in Reddit from someone who used something I never noticed in AQS to set up a very clever way to get around the 12-hour shared memory limit in the free version of HWINFO. I do not need to employ this “cheat” since I have a HWINFO lifetime license, nor do I endorse doing so, but the way he did this leveraged a behavior in AQS that I do not understand. This led me to investigate what happens in AQS when shared memory is changed form enabled to disabled.

On my system, sensor data is imported from HWINFO via shared memory and displayed on an overview page. If I deactivate shared memory, the overview page continues to display values for about 26 seconds. A sensor data value from shared memory used as a Data Source in the Playground continues to display a value for about 36 seconds. These times are approximate and not always the same. In both cases (overview page and playground data source), I think the value displayed is the last value imported before shared memory was deactivated.

In the overview page, after ~26 seconds, the imported sensor data values change to “- -“. For the playground data source, instead of the sensor data changing to “- -“, it changes to the value 100. It doesn’t matter if the sensor data is a temp, voltage, current, wattage, etc., or what its normal value and range are. About 36 seconds after disabling shared memory, the value of the playground data source always changes to the value 100. This behavior is a key part of the guy's shared memory time limit work-around.
  1. Why does AQS continue to display sensor data imported from HWINFO for almost 30 seconds after the shared memory is deactivated?
  2. Is AQS displaying the last imported value during this time?
  3. Why do the imported sensor values in overview pages change to “- -“ but in the playground they always change to the value 100?

Sonntag, 19. November 2023, 06:40

Why does AQS continue to display sensor data imported from HWINFO for almost 30 seconds after the shared memory is deactivated?
Is AQS displaying the last imported value during this time?
Why do the imported sensor values in overview pages change to “- -“ but in the playground they always change to the value 100?
There are some values in the Playground you can change for any Input, e.g. the time how long the last value will be displayed before the "emergency" value will be taken (in german: Rückfallzeit and Rückfallwert).

When you directly reading the Sensor into your overview page and the sensor is not available anymore the Value changes to "--".
There are instand no data anymore from HWInfo, if "shared memory" is deactivated.

The Time before changing to "--" can not be manipulated (afaik), because this is a value that is fix implemented in the AS Software.

In the Playground it depends on your Logic between the Input and Output and the above mentioned settings.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Peter von Frosta« (19. November 2023, 08:18)

Sonntag, 19. November 2023, 21:42

There are some values in the Playground you can change for any Input, e.g. the time how long the last value will be displayed before the "emergency" value will be taken (in german: Rückfallzeit and Rückfallwert).
Thanks for your response. You are right and I totally forgot about the fallback value for a data source in the playground which is set to 100 by default. This explains why it always switches to 100. It also has a fallback time which is set to 10 seconds by default. It appears that the fallback countdown does not start until the values in the overview page switch to “- -“, which on my system occurs about 26 seconds after shared memory is deactivated.
The Time before changing to "--" can not be manipulated (afaik), because this is a value that is fix implemented in the AS Software.
The delay is also not consistent. On my system, it’s usually 26 seconds but sometimes it's less than 26 seconds, and sometimes it’s over 30 seconds. In all cases, the fallback timer does not start counting down until after the numbers in the overview page switch to “- -“. The minimum fallback time is 3 seconds but AQS will never switch to the fallback value that fast because the 3-second countdown does not start until after the ~26 seconds that it takes for the values in the overview page to switch to “- -“. I used the Shared Memory Viewer utility to confirm that HWINFO stops sending data to shared memory as soon as the Shared Memory Support checkbox is cleared and “OK” is clicked. The delay between disabling shared memory and starting the fallback timer and displaying “- -“ in an overview page is definitely in AQS. Due to this delay, a data source in the playground will not switch to its fallback value for at least 29 seconds despite being set to the minimum 3 seconds.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (19. November 2023, 21:58)

Montag, 20. November 2023, 04:36

a data source in the playground will not switch to its fallback value for at least 29 seconds despite being set to the minimum 3 seconds.
Yes, that's right.
I can only imagine that the (internal) time delay was added to intercept short interruptions in the connection to e.g. HWInfo.
However, only Aqua Computer knows why this is so relatively long (approx. 18s in my case).