• 28.04.2024, 01:29
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Questions about connection D5 pump to D5 NEXT

Montag, 20. November 2023, 18:36

hello, I have a problem with my PC custom loop because the water doesn't circulate. I connected another pump and now the situation has been resolved but I would like to understand if I can connect the two pumps in series in order to control the speed of both pumps in aquasuite software. I currently have a D5 next connected via USB to the MOBO and with the fan connector to a splitty 9 where 4 fans are connected and a splitty 4 with 2 Corsair RGB fans. Now the second D5 pump is connected to splitty 9 and managed like a fan. I would like tò instal my D5 next and another D5 on an ULTITOP DUAL D5 and want to know if there is a way to control both pumps so they will go at the same speed even if the fans change speed.

Remayz

Montag, 20. November 2023, 21:49

what does your loop looks like?
If you don't get flow with one D5, there might be a big problem somewhere else and slapping a second pump would be like a bandaid on a wooden leg.

Mittwoch, 22. November 2023, 06:56

To control 2 pumps at the same speed you do exactly what you'd do with fans, connect both to a splitty9 but as Remayz said you need to sort the problem with the first pump
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Mittwoch, 22. November 2023, 08:15

Thanks for your kind reply! My loop Is composed by a monsoon MMRS reservoir on top of the PC and connected to D5 next pump. The pump Is connected to black ICE 280 radiator then to EK MOBO waterblock and next to the EK Quantum Vector2 GPU duble waterblock. The GPU waterblock connect to another rad black ICE 480 and lastly to reservoir.

Remayz

Mittwoch, 22. November 2023, 21:03

that is not a big loop that would require two pumps. One D5 will make it run without breaking a sweat. I feel you may have had a bit of an airlock somewhere that prevented any waterflow.
Since the reservoir is on top of the PC you have to manage to get water to get back up which is not easy when you are trying to purge the air.

Fill, angle the case every which way to work air up, refill, repeat. (remember to make sure the reservoir is properly closed when you tilt the case ^^ )
when you can't manage anymore to make air come up, power up to run the pump and get some flow going.

Donnerstag, 23. November 2023, 06:22

hello, I have a problem with my PC custom loop because the water doesn't circulate

Are you sure that the Impeller of your "original" Pump is not (somehow) blocked and it´s actual spinning?

Donnerstag, 23. November 2023, 22:38

Are you sure that the Impeller of your "original" Pump is not (somehow) blocked and it´s actual spinning?

yes, in the First loop with only the D5 next the liquid flows in the tubes but before the GPU waterblock it stops and it seems unable to go further.

Donnerstag, 23. November 2023, 22:44

Fill, angle the case every which way to work air up, refill, repeat. (remember to make sure the reservoir is properly closed when you tilt the case ^^ )
I tried this in the first loop with only the D5 next. When I turn on the pump the water rises up but stops before the GPU waterblock and when I turn off the pump it comes back down.

Remayz

Freitag, 24. November 2023, 09:43

looks like the typical airlock situation. Can you take photos of the PC so we can have a look at the loop layout? maybe something obvious will pop up instead of trying to guess

Montag, 27. November 2023, 14:51

Zitat

looks like the typical airlock situation. Can you take photos of the PC so we can have a look at the loop layout? maybe something obvious will pop up instead of trying to guess.
Unfortunately I dismantled everything to understand the problem and I don't have an older photo. I attach a photo with drawn how the loop is composed. Consider that the PC is mounted vertically on the wall.
I attach a photo with drawn how the loop is composed.

https://imgur.com/a/wNtNDQE

Remayz

Montag, 27. November 2023, 16:18

I imagine one of the issues you may have installing it vertically is that the air will not have a clear place to settle. It may stay in the res, or not.

Also in your drawing you have the water flow backwards it seems.
The Alphacool pump top flows from the D5 to the reservoir, so, as it stands you most likely have your pump running dry since it can't access the water from the reservoir. you'll have to connect the reservoir to the pump inlet on the back of the case, and outlet to the radiator (swap the connexions behind, on the bulkhead fittings).
That alone may be the cause of your troubles.

Dienstag, 28. November 2023, 17:55

Zitat

you'll have to connect the reservoir to the pump inlet on the back of the case, and outlet to the radiator (swap the connexions behind, on the bulkhead fittings).
sorry, I drew badly in the photo to simplify. On the back of the PC the connection have in and out correct as you said. but the thrust of the single D5 pump does not seem to be enough unfortunately.

Zitat

imagine one of the issues you may have installing it vertically is that the air will not have a clear place to settle. It may stay in the res, or not.

This could be the problem, but how can I fix it? I also tried moving the case to get the air bubbles out but nothing changed.