• 28.04.2024, 03:29
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Suggestion: aquaero mini?

Samstag, 6. Januar 2024, 18:45

There are many ITX cases right now for which Aquaero 6 LT might be too big. Perhaps you could make a similar "absolutely autonomous" device but smaller called aquaero mini.

Right now the "go to" fan controller for small cases is Octo or Quadro, but they need software service running if you want to control fans based on, say, delta between ambient and water temps, while Aquaero 6 LT doesn't. They also don't support "Calitemp digital temperature sensor". Quadro also doesn't have the signal header that Octo has, and therefore cannot even shut down the computer by itself directly in case of pump failure.

I'd get Aquaero 6 LT if it would fit...

Sonntag, 7. Januar 2024, 06:03

These are all good points. There are rumors of an Aquaero 7 being developed but I don't know if it's true. If they do release an updated Aquaero with a display it will probably not be the same form factor since many cases these days do not have front drive bays. Maybe a 10” wide 1920x480 color display in a chassis with all the headers on the back.

Assuming no display, I think they could make the device much smaller than an Aquaero 6 LT by making all fan ports PWM and getting rid of the IR LED header, RGB LED header, Flow 2 header, and maybe the RPM header. The relay could become the Signal header.

An alternative to an Aquaero mini could be an enhanced Octo and Quadro (Octo Max?). If they updated these controllers with a more powerful microcontroller and some nonvolatile memory, they could do more locally rather than having to have Aquasuite running. They already have an Aquabus header so I think having them support Calitemp sensors is a matter of firmware. With the Aquaero, the functions that can be performed on temp sensor data are limited to max, average, difference, and absolute difference. The user selects which function to apply but I think they are hard coded in the device. These basic functions could be hard-coded into an enhanced Octo/Quadro. Maybe more complex virtual sensor functions could be built in the playground (with data that is local to the device), then compiled and downloaded.

Something like this would make people running Linux happy too.

Montag, 8. Januar 2024, 07:41

device but smaller called aquaero mini.
you can use a quadro or coto.