• 27.04.2024, 11:00
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Hi-Flow Next - Water Quality / Conductivity results

Dienstag, 30. Januar 2024, 08:16

So, loop has been running for about a week, running distilled water + EK Cyrofuel clear. Water quality is ready about 20% and conductivity around 95uS/cm.

Is this anything I really need to monitor? Should I expect variations depending on what fluid I use? Am tempted to throw in something like DP Ultra (I need to replace one piece of the loop) just to see if the reading change but anyway, I thought I would ask if / how important these settings are, what should I be targetting / what can I control.

THanks!

Remayz

Dienstag, 30. Januar 2024, 09:45

the conductivity sensor is more or less useless for coolants like the Cryofuel, or other non-glycol based concentrates. the reading will be high from the start.
if you switch to DP ultra (after a thorough flush) the reading should drop way down and the sensors will make sense.

Dienstag, 30. Januar 2024, 11:40

I've been using EK Cryofuel clear premix for the last few months and my HF Next says everything is in the green, 100% quality...
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Remayz

Dienstag, 30. Januar 2024, 12:17

hmm. i'm just commenting from the experience of others, having very high conductivity reading.. but maybe it was tweaked in software since then?

Dienstag, 30. Januar 2024, 12:43

This is the premix, the concentrate that you mix with DI could be totally different

The HIgh Flow Next conductivity sensor will not work with EK Cryofuel

Dienstag, 30. Januar 2024, 19:12

I've been using EK Cryofuel clear premix for the last few months and my HF Next says everything is in the green, 100% quality...
That is surprising because the conductivity of Cryofuel is far higher than the conductivity sensor in the High Flow Next can measure. What conductivity value is the sensor reporting? The sensor can measure from 2uS/cm to 200uS/cm. Note the “u” means micro. EK claims Cryofuel has "low electrical conductivity". The product WEB PAGE states that the conductivity of Cryofuel is 1.4 mS/cm which is 1040 uS/cm. This is ~5X higher than the conductivity sensor can measure.
the conductivity sensor is more or less useless for coolants like the Cryofuel, or other non-glycol based concentrates. the reading will be high from the start.
if you switch to DP ultra (after a thorough flush) the reading should drop way down and the sensors will make sense.
I agree, There was a long discussion about this on the English forum in 2021. Someone was using Cryofuel and could not understand why the conductivity sensor in their High Flow Next was not working properly. The conversation begins HERE with a post from torexko and continues through the thread with posts about other things mixed in. He contacted EK who STATED that the initial conductivity of Cryofuel is actually ~2330 uS/cm, which is ~11.6X higher than the sensor can measure. Cryofuel’s corrosion inhibitor is sodium 2-ethylhexanoate. Conductivity starts out very high and decreases as the inhibitor forms a protective coating on metal surfaces. It stabilizes around 1040 uS/cm.

DP Ultra’s conductivity starts out very low at ~10 uS/cm and increases over time. When it gets up to ~100 uS/cm, Aquacomputer recommends replacement. They expressed the opinion that using a coolant with 1000uS/cm is like using RIVER WATER and using a highly conductive coolant can accelerate corrosion and cause very bad things to happen if it gets onto an energized circuit. They also STATED that the conductivity sensor in the High Flow Next will not work with Cryofuel due to its very high conductivity. If you want the conductivity sensor to work properly, use DP Ultra.

Sonntag, 4. Februar 2024, 11:24

Here's a SS of my setup with water quality etc
»Bartdude« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • aquasuite_2024-02-04_10-22-00.png

Montag, 5. Februar 2024, 02:09

Here's a SS of my setup with water quality etc
I don't know why you are getting that low value for conductivity with Cyrofuel. Aquacomputer specs for the High Flow Next say the sensor can measure from 2 to 200uS/cm. EK specs for cryofuel says conductivity is 1.04mS/cm (1040uS/cm) +/-10% That is way beyond the maximum value that the sensor can measure. There are many ways to measure flow rate but AFAIK, there is only 1 way to measure conductivity of a fluid. A voltage is applied so current flows between 2 (or sometimes 4) electrodes that are immersed in the fluid. The sensor calculates the resistance of the fluid by measuring the voltage drop across the electrodes and applying Ohm's Law. Conductance is the reciprocal of resistance The measured value is converted to conductivity by applying a calibration curve or formula specific to the sensor. Conductivity is affected by temperature so some conductivity measurement systems also include a temperature probe and apply a compensation value based on the measured temperature of the fluid.

Attempting to measure a fluid whose conductivity is much higher than the sensor can measure can cause a saturation effect that can cause the measurement system to become miscalibrated. Perhaps that is what is happening in your case. I suspect your Cryofuel's conductivity is not 15uS/cm. If is is, that would mean that the sodium 2-ethylhexanoate in the Cryofuel has been just about completely used up. Only Aquacomputer knows exactly what conductivity sensor is in the High Flow Next. Maybe one of them will chime in here.