• 27.04.2024, 11:57
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Just temperature controlled fans - AV cabinet project

Montag, 5. Februar 2024, 19:05

I am looking for a programmable fan controller for my AV cabinet, but don’t want to deal with the hassle of shipping one from the states or some far off land, or messing around with soldering and wiring after a trip to Maplins.

So, after some research, I just want to check with the experts here, am I actually in luck here with the Aquacomputer Quadro?

This little device seems to be able to control up to four PWM fans, and has four temperature sensors that I can place anywhere in the cabinet. It seems (correct me if I'm wrong here) I can connect it to my laptop via USB, or even better, use the Aquasuite software to configure it wirelessly with a smartphone somehow, although the latter seems to need a constant connection to a computer, so that might be out given this has to be able to run in the cabinet connected to nothing more than 12v power.

Seems that I can set up custom fan curves for each fan, then unplug the USB and let the Quadro run on its own with just that 12V DC power supply. The fans I plan to use are the SILENT WINGS PRO 4, 120mm PWM.

The Quadro seemingly has everything I could need to keep an AV cabinet cool and quiet, without breaking the bank or my sanity.

Let me know if my assumptions are correct, perhaps there is an even better solution, and for all those others searching for a similar solution. ;)

I could only find a few such systems in the whole world, which
is utter madness to be frank. i.e.
Non UK: https://www.coolerguys.com/collections/f…-system-ixa-ccs
Amazon but 3 times the price rip-off madness and inflexible; https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DYF19T1/r…-post-widget-21

Dienstag, 6. Februar 2024, 10:24

I'm no expert on the products they sell here, but a 12v PID controller with fans may also be ideal. Those generally are either on or off and don't play with PWM. If you're running quiet fans it won't matter either way as long as they maintain the proper volume of airflow. Just another idea to ponder...

Dienstag, 6. Februar 2024, 10:29

quadro /octo need a 12V and 5V Supply Voltage.
When you connect a temperature sensor to the device, the device can run autonomously.

You have to configure the device via USB with the aquasuite Software (Windows).

Mittwoch, 7. Februar 2024, 10:40

Thanks, also, Is there any IoT or remote control / app based monitoring capability available with an additional modal perhaps?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »That Guy« (7. Februar 2024, 10:55)