• 27.04.2024, 14:29
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Strange soft sensor behavior - Aquasuite X.78

Sonntag, 18. Februar 2024, 13:20

Hi everyone,

First time posting and not sure of the right place to post this observation but I have noticed that the reporting of the CCD1 temperature in Aquasuite (when added as a soft sensor) reads about 62 degrees (7800X3D, at idle in Win11 - which seem high) but when I open another piece of monitoring software, CPUID HWMonitor, the reading drops by 20 degrees. This new value of 42 degrees is also coincidently the CCD value reported by HWMonitor... :S

Aquasuite will then report consistently against HWMonitor until I close HWMonitor and then it will go back up 20 degrees to a CCD temp of 62 degrees...

Opening just HWMonitor and the CCD temp is always 42 degrees at idle.

This seems like a strange software bug?

Currently using Aquasuite x.78

Remayz

Montag, 19. Februar 2024, 01:19

often it's like one software will read the IO die temp (often the highest temp at idle), and another will read the CCD temp.
Maybe compare CCD and IOD, and see if Aquasuite may be reporting the IO die temp.
Also, maybe try HWinfo64 just to be sure. HWmonitor can be a bit dodgy at times.

Montag, 19. Februar 2024, 14:02

After some investigating (thanks for the suggestion @Remayz) - using HWinfo64, and now logging packet power - I can see that for some reason CPU packet power is going up to 70W at "idle", and HWinfo64 is saying there is 60% core utility for some reason when nothing is running... as soon as I open Task Manager that drops down to 2% CPU utility and packet power goes back down to 25W or so... Same thing happens when I open HWMonitor which is strange...

So something is causing the CPU to run which is increasing its power draw - so not a problem with Aquasuite I dont think.

Just strange that what ever is running in the background is ended by either opening HWMonitor or Task Manager! ?(

Remayz

Montag, 19. Februar 2024, 14:11

hmm.. sneaky background bitcoin miner? ^^

Dienstag, 20. Februar 2024, 11:11

Now I feel quite stupid, but amazing that my desire to keep the system cool and monitor everything with Aquasuite actually help identified this!

Ran a process monitor and found that something called UnpackChecker.exe was running... and turns out you are spot on its a damn trojan bitcoin miner!!

Just ran Malwarebytes and hopefully cleaned it up...

Thanks for pointing me down the right path @Remayz! :thumbsup:

Will keep an eye on any malicious activity!

My apologies to the Aquasuite devs!!