• 27.04.2024, 10:32
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Anyone run a dedicated PSU for your Aquaero system?

Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2024, 05:25

I'm looking at building a standalone cooler that is external to my PC (like a MoRa but fully standalone). It seems like giving this a dedicated SFX form factor PSU would be massively wasteful plus be undesirable from a packaging standpoint anyway.

Is there anything else I should be looking at?

The cooler will have an Aquaero6 XT, dual D5 NEXT pumps, up to 13A of fans, a handful of temp & flow sensors from the aquacomputer ecosystem, and a USB hub.

Dops

Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2024, 13:04

You should probably try to distribute the current load across several power rails. and install a switch in case of emergency.

translated with Google

Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2024, 20:56

I actually don't want to use an ATX PSU for this at all. I was hoping someone might know of a small and simple unit that has no outputs other than 5V and 12V. Maybe something like an old laptop power brick?

Dops

Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2024, 21:11

OK. I understand. I have no idea about this, but modern notebooks have USB-C. That's how I know it from DELL. Maybe this is something for you.

I once needed an external power supply for 2 giants and built a stainless steel box for the ATX power supply. It was a lot of effort but it looked good.

Remayz

Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2024, 21:46

there are power supplies with a molex connector. with a suitable splitter i imagine that'd be all you would need.

That missing ground lug is annoying though.. when i used that i had to solder a bridge between the grounds on the splitter i was using.