• 27.04.2024, 17:18
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquasuite + Farbwerk Remote Control

Donnerstag, 29. Februar 2024, 06:31

Hello all! I currently have multiple Aqua Computer products in my build and love them all! Octo + 2x Farbwerk 360 + High Flow Next + Hubby7
I was wondering if there was a way to remotely control the lights connected to the Farbwerk? I am assuming the command would have to go through Aquasuite. I am trying to set something up with my home automation.

Greatly appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction <3

Donnerstag, 29. Februar 2024, 20:30

My understanding is that Aquasuite can send data via MQTT but it cannot receive data. Posts requesting to add this ability appear on the forum now and then, and the answer is always NO. Here is a LINK to a post on the German forum that explains why. I pasted the English translation of their statement below. Basically, their position is they do not want to open Aquasuite to a flood of data coming from various IoT and home automation devices and platforms, then be burdened with endless posts and support requests about why this, that, or the other thing does not work.

"There are sometimes features that make sense but are not implemented for strategic reasons.
This also includes full Mqtt integration (in both directions).

In addition, such an interface will also have limitations and there will be endless discussions in the forum and by email as to why this and that doesn't work.
If the connection to his favorite server doesn't work (because our implementation doesn't support all of mqtt's features) or there's an error in the system, we can spend days dealing with customers who have so little know-how that they should stay away from such things.
It's hard to imagine, but anything that goes beyond "click on the button" requires an enormous amount of support.

But in the end it's always the case that the few pro users have to forego a few features in favor of the ready masses. We've been through all of this several times."

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (29. Februar 2024, 20:56)

Samstag, 9. März 2024, 05:46

Appreciate the reply. Real shame. Trying to find an RGB controller I can control with an external PSU for when the computer is off. Any ideas?

Samstag, 9. März 2024, 07:13

Yes. If you are up for learning how to write some code, get an Arduino NANO or one of the many other Arduino or Adafruit microcontroller boards and program it with the LED effects you want. The controller boards are tiny and run on USB power. The designs are open source so you can by clones for dirt cheap - around $2 on Ali Express. They are supported by well developed LED libraries like FastLED, NeoPixel, and WLED. There are many free LED effects programs written for these boards available for download.

The Arduino NANO can do a lot but it does have limitations. I just bout an Adafruit Feather SCORPIO for $15 that has an RP2040 32-bit Cortex M0+ dual core processor and 8 PWM outputs that can be driven concurrently. It’s the same processor used in the Rasbery PI. The board is about half the size of a stick of gum and can drive 8 LED strips concurrently with different effects on each. It can control 1000s of LEDs. It’s a bit more complex to program than a NANO but nothing too crazy. Once I load it up, I will have an 8-port LED controller that is far more powerful than a FW360, and I can load whatever effects I program or download. All it needs is a USB connection. The board can’t source a lot of current so you have to provide 5VDC power to the LEDs, but there are many ways to do that.

If you want a packaged product take a look at QUINLED. There are also tons of options on AMAZON that you can download an app for and control with your phone via Bluetooth.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (9. März 2024, 22:05)

Samstag, 9. März 2024, 07:24

Woah that was super helpful! Definitely a bit of a learning curve and will require some time to get it up and running but it seems like this is route I will have to go if I want to control the LEDs with Home Automation. Thank you!