• 27.04.2024, 21:27
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Leakshield protect mode how to reduce leak rate

Samstag, 9. März 2024, 20:24

I'd like to be able to use protect mode with my leakshield but I have not has sucess.

I am able to use the monitor mode the pumping is 7 ± 5 s/day, in the last 90 day but was not much difference over the last year, there was something like 1 % loss in fill level over the year.

There was a sugestion that the tubes were pulling off at lower pressures so I opened all the fittings and did them and put the fittings down all the way, this did not make any difference.

There was a sugestion that there could be a bad rotary fitting so I changed the one I had for a new setup and it has not made a difference.

My loop is

D5 Next-fitting-EDMP-fitting-block-fitting-EDMP-fitting-HF Next-fitting-EDMP-fitting-Rad-Tempsensor-fitting-EDMP-fitting-rotaryTfitting(rotary-drain)->

My hose is 10/16 mm so should be acceptable

Its quite simple so I am at a loss what to other than to switch over to hardline tubing as the EDMP does not seem to want to work.

Anymore sugestions?

Samstag, 9. März 2024, 22:03

Do you mean EPDM tubing? When you say you "opened all the fittings and did them and put the fittings down all the way" do you mean you tightened the fittings? What exactly is the problem that is preventing you from using Protect Mode? Have you tried setting it to Adaptive Pressure? This mode will use a lower negative pressure in Protect Mode.

I am using 3/8" ID x 5/8" OD (~10mm x ~16mm) soft PVC tubing (ModMyMods house brand) and my Leakshield works fine in Protect mode. I originally tried using 10mm x 13mm soft tubing but the tubing walls collapsed at the negative pressure used in Protect Mode. I have never used EPDM tubing so I don't know how it compares to the PVC tubing I am using. It sounds like your loop is not leaking too much (few loops are totally air tight).

Samstag, 9. März 2024, 23:14

Yes, sorry typo EPDM.

Since there was comment that they could be pulling off, I took the fitting appart to see if the tube was properly on to the barb. When I initally tightened them I didn't get the gap between the clamp and fitting to 0, as the pressure drop when testing the leaks was fine, after the inspection I did them more.

I have the apaptive pressure on.

When pressure is 250 to 300 mbar then the pressure leak rate is ~8 mbar/min when the pressure is 50 to 100 mbar then the pressure leak rate is < 2 mbar/min.

Sonntag, 10. März 2024, 03:01

I now have four Leakshields. None of them can be used for leak monitoring because they will always give a false alarm at some point.

It is a great tool for checking for leaks prior to filling, and also a great tool for filling, but actual leak monitoring simply isn't possible unless you're willing to live with a false alarm every other week.

Sonntag, 10. März 2024, 10:24

Yes, I have to turn off the pressure leak detection as there is a spike in the leakage indicator of 300 mL/h and the alarm goes off, I just have the one for the fill level, this one doesn't go off as the loop does not leak water at an obervabale rate.

As Speedy said it seems possiable to make it work, I just don't know how.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Ytterbium« (10. März 2024, 10:44)