• 08.09.2024, 04:15
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

LEAKSHIELD randomly disconnecting and reconnecting USB

Donnerstag, 18. Juli 2024, 03:00

Hello!

My LEAKSHIELD keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly, like it's being unplugged and plugged back in. It happens anywhere from every 30 minutes to a few hours. This problem started recently, and I've had it for about 2 months without issues.

I have a Hubby7 with D5 NEXT, High Flow NEXT, LEAKSHIELD, and OCTO connected. The other devices on the hub are working fine.

Any ideas on what I can try, or is the LEAKSHIELD defective?

Thank you!

Donnerstag, 18. Juli 2024, 03:18

Maybe its a power problem.

Is your Hubb7 powered by SATA or USB? The Leakshield gets its power from the USB connection. Specs say it can draw up to 500ma which is the limit of a typical USB2.0 port. The Hubby, if powered by SATA can deliver 1000ma max to all ports combined. Ports 1 through 3 share 500ma and ports 4 through 7 share 500ma. You may want to consider which port the Leakshield is plugged into and what other devices are in that port group. It may be better to plug the Leakshield USB directly into a USB2.0 header on your mobo. That way it should be able to pull it's 500ma max, and you can go into the Bios (depends on the mobo) and set that USB port to remain powered. This way your Leakshield will remain powered when the computer is shutdown. By shutdown I mean a regular shutdown, not turn off the PSU power switch or remove the power cord shutdown,

Donnerstag, 18. Juli 2024, 03:31

I just tried disabling "Automatically reset USB connection in case of errors" in Aquasuite. This might be the issue because when I check the LEAKSHIELD console, it doesn't seem like it's losing enough power to cause it to restart.

Donnerstag, 18. Juli 2024, 03:34

Maybe its a power problem.

Is your Hubb7 powered by SATA or USB? The Leakshield gets its power from the USB connection. Specs say it can draw up to 500ma which is the limit of a typical USB2.0 port. The Hubby, if powered by SATA can deliver 1000ma max to all ports combined. Ports 1 through 3 share 500ma and ports 4 through 7 share 500ma. You may want to consider which port the Leakshield is plugged into and what other devices are in that port group. It may be better to plug the Leakshield USB directly into a USB2.0 header on your mobo. That way it should be able to pull it's 500ma max, and you can go into the Bios (depends on the mobo) and set that USB port to remain powered. This way your Leakshield will remain powered when the computer is shutdown. By shutdown I mean a regular shutdown, not turn off the PSU power switch or remove the power cord shutdown,
I just switched the jumper to SATA. I am going to monitor it for a bit and see if that helps. I'll also try another header on the motherboard just for the LEAKSHIELD. Thank you for the quick response!

Donnerstag, 18. Juli 2024, 16:34

I just switched the jumper to SATA.
Hopefully switching the power jumper to SATA (jumper on pins 2 and 3) will resolve the issue, but the fact that it worked fine for 2 months may indicate that something else is going on. Have you changed anything else in the loop?