• 31.05.2024, 00:57
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Inaccurate temps?

Donnerstag, 27. März 2008, 15:07

Hi, next week I will begin my rant over my aquaero (with a video showing the amount of problems I have with this software/hardware). But today I have a 'smaller' problem, my loop goes like this:

Res-> pump (xt ultra) -> cpu ram etc -> water temp sensor -> rad -> res

Now the pump displays the temp of the water if I'm not mistaken? In which it states it being 25,9 degrees C. The water temp sensor that I put in 'manually' (aqua computer parts), states the water temp is 22,9 degrees C.

Now the water temp should be lower past the pump not the other way round?

Or have I got it completely wrong and that temp is of the actual pump electronics?....in which case you should really write the description of this pump again as its quite misleading (namely the temperature and flow sensor 'functions').

etoel

Re: Inaccurate temps?

Freitag, 28. März 2008, 00:52

I asked the same question 10 posts down - also have a 3c diff. No answers yet...

Freitag, 28. März 2008, 01:58

maybe they will like me more and answer it ;) ;) hehe

etoel

Freitag, 28. März 2008, 10:14

Zitat von »boswell«

maybe they will like me more and answer it  ;) ;) hehe

They'll think you'll bring the angels ;-)

Mittwoch, 2. April 2008, 18:30

Seriously it's not too hard to say: this is a known problem, or something along these lines.

typfred

Freitag, 4. April 2008, 02:42

Hi!

Maybe the temprature sensor in the pump sit near by the motor. The motor produces secondary temperature too and u have this 3 degrees C more on the display.
Maybe ur secondary sensor is not directly in contact with metal/liquid to garant a resistance free transfer of the heat.

I hope my english was good enough to understand what I mean....I´m german :o)

Samstag, 5. April 2008, 22:46

Or maybe the pump gets hot therefore it actually heats up the water by 3 degrees :-[

Sonntag, 6. April 2008, 01:34

I don't think that water that is moving with that normal speed the xt ultra produces, could have an temperatur diffrent of 3°C. :)
I think that it's:
1. sensor inexactness: We dont have any high end labor sensors ;)
2. normal diffrent becaus the pump-sensor is heatn up a little bit more becaus of the engine, and not cool down by the water as fast as the engine it heats it up.

Dienstag, 8. April 2008, 00:39

Pumps add heat. That's a general (and I'm not trying to be a smartass) rule of watercooling.

It is usually best to put the pump directly BEFORE the radiator in a cooling loop, and push the maximal amount of heat out of the rad.

The temp sensor for the pump is indeed outside the water flow (there is no thermal probe in direct contact with the water). This has the advantage of getting you a "close enough" water temp, while providing a more accurate temp of the pump internals (to gauge whether you've cranked the freq up too high).

Why put no probe in contact with the water inside the pump? Because these Aquastream XT's are based on Eheim pumps. Putting a conductive thermal probe inside the pump housing can drastically screw up the electric motor (magnetic stator) that spins the pump impeller assembly. Additionally, AC would have to "re-invent" the wheel of the Eheim pumps. Why fix it if it ain't broke?

This issue pissed me off too, but considering that XT's can be applied to older pumps, the additional control improvements, and Aquaero/Aquasuite integration, the tradeoff is worth it.

Dienstag, 8. April 2008, 02:03

OK thanks for your feedback egawrangler