• 27.04.2024, 16:04
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Asus Z7S WS

Donnerstag, 17. Juli 2008, 05:06

Hi,

I'm thinking of building a new system around an Asus Z7S WS motherboard.

http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?modelm…=82&l3=644&l4=0

My radiators will be external and as near as possible passive, so ideally I want zero fans in the case.

I imagine finding fittings for the NB of this motherboard would be easy enough, but what about the other two chips and the power regulation?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Re: Asus Z7S WS

Donnerstag, 17. Juli 2008, 19:53

What will be your total setup using that board?

Im intreged ;D (However you spell that) ;D

Ref the power regulator i would have to say you would need to see if its a 2 layer chipset? I found this with my mobo and fried it ::)

My own fault as i knew it might have been an issue :P

Donnerstag, 17. Juli 2008, 20:07

4x2 GB 800MHz FBDIMM
2xXeon E5410/E5420/E5430 depending on how wealthy I'm feeling
4870 1GB Version
Adaptec 5405 Raid Controller
4x1TB WD Caviar Blacks/Samsung Spinpoint F1s (waiting on reviews of the Caviar Blacks)

As for cooling:
2x a different company's external passive radiator
the Aquastream XT (probably...)
2x Aqua computer's ram cooler
2x Cuplex XT Xeon
Aquadrive x4
AC Twin Plex XT DI for MSI P35 SB to use on the 5405 chip
aquagratiX for HD 4870

And the mystery mainboard cooling which is what I'm interested in here. I guess I could just buy the mainboard first and then use the silhouettes I saw somewhere to work out what would fit for what.

Donnerstag, 17. Juli 2008, 20:41

Why not use 2 x

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Donnerstag, 17. Juli 2008, 20:53

Yeah I saw them and briefly considered it. They are ugly as hell though. And there's very little info given about them, e.g. what wattage of heat they'll get rid of. Also they don't lend themselves to being free standing (I can't see any feet for them).

Donnerstag, 17. Juli 2008, 22:32

Ah ok i believe you get a kit with them to attach them tothe side of your case so they act as part of the case when standing.

I myself will be buying 2 of these for my custom case i am building.

Will have 1 at the top and one at the bottom in a cube design. Should be really interesting fielding 36 x 120mm Fans :o

I did try looking for a Pic with one fitted and also stats for you but didnt find any...

Maybe someone from AC like Stephan or Shoggy may be able to answer.