• 28.04.2024, 09:37
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

ward0

aqua drive X4

Dienstag, 8. Juli 2008, 18:02

hello,

first of all i would like to say hello to evryone since i'm a new member. A couple weeks ago i bought myself a aqua-computer aquadrive X4. The first problem that i had :

i din't fit in my 5'25 slot. Then i used some force on it and it made a scratch in the blak plastic. Now you can see the aluminium that cools the hdd's... does that mean that i will have a leak? What should i use to fix it?

Also i have seen that there is a deutch topic here on the forums about the aquadrive X4.. they speak of a black front for 10€ i think? when can we start buying that? and what rubber are they using to put between the hdd's.

sorry for all my questions but for the moment i'm pissed of the scratch in my black plastic.

Re: aqua drive X4

Dienstag, 8. Juli 2008, 18:41

You get some rubber feets to disconnect the case form the aquadrive. Normally these ship with the aquadrive.

You dont put any rubber between the aquadrive and the hdd itself.

Black front:
http://www.aqua-computer-systeme.de/shop…6ac1172e5f54ae1

Maybe your reseller will list it.

ward0

Dienstag, 8. Juli 2008, 18:44

disconnect the case from the aquadrive what do you mean? and yes i have those rubbers ..

Dienstag, 8. Juli 2008, 18:49

Your case and the aquadrive shouldnt make physical contact trough metal, only through these rubber things.

ward0

Dienstag, 8. Juli 2008, 18:59

well explain me how you gonna put a 5"25 drive into a 5"25 slot whitout bending the metal. cause i havn't found a installation manuel in the package... and a deutch pfd aint that easy to read.

Dienstag, 8. Juli 2008, 20:21

Usually the Aquadrive fits into the 5 1/4 " slots w.o. bending the metal. The drive is a bit slimer than the slot. Like a DVD drive.
The rubber buffers should fit into the big holes on the side. The rubbers itself have a winding so you can drive the screws into them.

There shouldn't be any need to force the aquadrive in the slot. ???

ward0

Dienstag, 8. Juli 2008, 20:25

well the metal has a 90° degreese turn to support a 5"25 device not to fall down. The problem that i have is that the groove in the aquadrive X4 aint deep enouph to let the metal pass to the end. so its stuck at the first metal that has been bend. Evry case should have this...

the case i have is a Thermaltake armor V1.

and yes the rubbers fit in the holes.

Dienstag, 8. Juli 2008, 20:37

So you're talking about the 5.25 frame inside the case?
If this is so, I might have a clue what you are talking about :P
The bottom angle is to tight for the aqua drive?

Do you have to use the lowest 4 slots or can you switch one slot up?
If you use a DVD drive, try to use the upper slots for the aqua drive and put the DVD drive in the lowest slot.

If the bottom angle of the 5.25 frame messes with the aqua drive switching the slots up by one position might be the only chance. Well you could cut out the the bottom of the frame, though  ::)
Wouldn't be the first time cases got mutilated for the sake of water cooling.

ward0

Dienstag, 8. Juli 2008, 21:06

well i am using the 4 lowest slots. the other aquadrive X4 above it has no problem getting in the frame.

ward0

Dienstag, 8. Juli 2008, 21:44

after a while i was able to get my aquadrive X4 back out of the frame.

these are the results :

any tips how to fix this hole?

edit : i tried to fit the aquadrive into a higher 5"25 frame and it dint work.. ??? >:( i tried my other one without harddisks in it and it worked !!!!! whitout any problem , the aquadrive went into the frame like nothing.

i have tighten my screws to make sure that the aquadrive aint to big. But that can't be the problem.

Dienstag, 8. Juli 2008, 22:10

Holy S*** :o

How did you get the hole in there? That's beyond the "need to force" I was talking about.

Are there some metal rails in the 5.25 frame to guide harddisks, or other metal edges, that may have ripped into the aquadrive?
Cause otherwise I can't explain the damage to the aquadrive :-/

Zitat

i tried my other one without harddisks in it and it worked !!!!! whitout any problem , the aquadrive went into the frame like nothing.

What do you mean with other one" ?
Another aquadrive or another case?

ward0

Dienstag, 8. Juli 2008, 22:12

other drive :) i have 2x the aquadrive x4

hopefully i can fix the damage to my first aquadrive as showen on the picture otherwise i will order an other one ;D

Dienstag, 8. Juli 2008, 22:14

Zitat von »ward0«

other drive :) i have 2x the aquadrive x4

So you tried an other ad X4 in the same case, the same 5.25 frame and it worked?
That's a question best left to AC-staff
:-/

ward0

Dienstag, 8. Juli 2008, 22:23

well i havn't tried it yet in the same 5"25 frame because you told me not to use the lowest 5"25 frame. my DVD drive is located there now.

i'm gonna post some pics of my frame, it might be stupid to post these things but its to show that i have a very normal frame :)

and yes i'm trying an other X4 in the same case.

Right side if you look from the front :

left side :

looking from the front :

the front pic is the second aquadrive, i have no problem placing that aquadrive in any frame.

ward0

Dienstag, 8. Juli 2008, 23:57

update : I think i know why the aquadrive doesn't fit in my frame. When i try to mount a hdd in my second aquadrive whitout removing the front cover of the aquadrive i am not able to put a HDD in the back. so that means the size of the aquadrive expands when i place a HDD into it. I am the first person with this problem or?

edit : i removed the front cover.. mounted a hdd into it tried to place the second aquadrive into the frame and it jammed like the first one.

ward0

Montag, 14. Juli 2008, 17:29

can sombody explain how to use the black rubbers? is it normal that i only have 4 of them? i mean there are 8 holes in the sides of the aquadrive and only 4 rubbers...

yet i havn't been able to find any turtorial or how to about this product.

Donnerstag, 17. Juli 2008, 19:57

how the "!£! did you manage to do this :-

I have similar slides in my bays which caused me an issue but did you continue to force it in ???

ward0

Donnerstag, 17. Juli 2008, 20:14

nah din't had that mutch problem to get in the frame, more problems to get it out of the frames :( :( well i used a kit now to stop it... lets hope it works.

Donnerstag, 17. Juli 2008, 20:38

Best of luck to you :o

ward0

Donnerstag, 17. Juli 2008, 21:30

thanks, so far the aquadrives are 100% perfect mounted in my 5"'25 frames. i had to change them with a dremel to get it fit :( better tried that first :@ I hope the kit will hold the water. Monday i will have the news because i'm waiting for my new SB WB.