• 04.05.2024, 16:28
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Ascubal

Why is it so hard to update the FW in AC Xt Ultra

Freitag, 21. März 2008, 02:08

Hey, im having h*ell everytime i update my Aquastream XT Ultra, it's connected the right way, the flash starts and after the flash is completed the power is cut for 20-30 seconds, but it starts up in Emergency Mode everytime i power it up again, no matter what.. I have to like update from 5 to 20 times for it to be succesfull.. It shouldn't be this hard should it?

Re: Why is it so hard to update the FW in AC Xt Ul

Freitag, 21. März 2008, 16:06

How do you update the pumpe (aquaero/flasher) ?
Which version of the OS/Bootloader is running on your pump ?

There has been some problems with the first pumps. With the newest aquaero firmware it should be much easier.

The problem is, that if any error or corrupted transfer is detected during the flashing the pump will not accept the firmware.

Ascubal

Freitag, 21. März 2008, 19:37

Im updating via the Aquaero, Aquaero has the newest firmware from the newest Aquasite software.. But the pump still keep failing the update.

I dont know the bootloader on the pump, i cannot see the pump in the aquasite software..

Freitag, 21. März 2008, 20:27

If there is any error during flash, you'll have to restart the pump between two trys. Otherwise it will not accept any send data!
You can do that by unpluging the cabel for a few seconds. Then try again. As long the LED is blinking very fast the firmware is corrupted.

Ascubal

Samstag, 22. März 2008, 00:34

Ok, thanks for the help, ill try that when i install the watercooling again :)

Donnerstag, 10. April 2008, 07:57

AC - are there any instructions for how to flash the firmware from the Aquasuite? I am also having an incredibly difficult time flashing this pump. I have tried flashing at least 30 times, and all say successful, but the pump always comes up with the old firmware.

Firmware : 1005
Bootloader : 101

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Dienstag, 9. September 2008, 08:54

Well, for anyone still frustrated by not being able to flash their Aquastream XT to the most current firmware...I have found a solution!!! So here goes...

First off, forget what Shoggy said. Please, no offense Shoggy..I know you get touchy when people attack your advice but in this case, it really just adds superfluous confusion to an already frustrating situation.

Step 1) Ensure you have a printer port (25 pin LPT) on your PC. NOT an aftermarket card with an LPT port. It MUST be a native (soldered on your motherboard) LPT port. Something about connections through the ternary PCI bus screws the flasher up.

Step 2) Make sure you're running Windows XP (x86). I've tried the flash from Vista x86, Vista x64, and XP x64. All had limited success but the flash was never entirely successful. Additionally, make sure your printer port is recognized as an "ECP Printer Port". Nothing fancy like "Qualcomm LPT", etc.

Step 3) Run the parallel port flash updater. Choose the flash file. BEFORE pressing the start flash button, disconnect the power cable from the pump. Leave the USB cable CONNECTED. Now reconnect the power and press the "start flash" button. You must press the "start flash" button while the light on the pump is still SOLID RED. You'll have about two seconds to do this after you reconnect the power, before the red light starts to flash again. Don't ask me why this is, it just works.

Additionally: I installed a fresh copy of XP x86, then installed .NET 2.0, and finally the LPT flasher software. I'd also recommend using a switching diode if you make your own cable (AC recommends 1N4148). This is because switching diodes react better to out-of-phase currents that are known to plague parralel circuits in PC's (like LPT ports).

GOOD LUCK!!

Dienstag, 9. September 2008, 22:38

Zitat von »egawrangler«

First off, forget what Shoggy said.

Errr? I have not said one single word in that thread yet ;)

Mittwoch, 10. September 2008, 07:40

Zitat von »Shoggy«

Errr? I have not said one single word in that thread yet ;)

My apologies, you're overwhelming tech talk in the threads related to this one caused me to absent-mindedly link your name to technical support.  Again, my bad.  Check
http://forum.aqua-computer.de/index.php?…d&threadID=1244
and
http://forum.aqua-computer.de/index.php?…d&threadID=1243
for references.

Name:  Shoggy
Position:  ----------
Registrierungs-Datum:  02.07.03 um 14:25:37