• 26.04.2024, 12:23
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Halk

It worked!

Samstag, 5. März 2005, 17:38

Can't believe it. Apart from a leak or two that were quickly fixed, the watercooling I've fitted works.

Few questions.

Should it be that quiet? It's not making a sound. At all.

If I put my ear to the metal that the pump is attached to I can hear a slight noise.

I can only find out if it's working by touching the pump or the pipes connected to it, or looking in the top reservoir.

How long should I leave it running before I migrate my PC into it?

It's been running completely leak free, with the green light on now for a couple of hours.

I've seen somewhere that a light or a jet can be fitted to the reservoir, my supplier (Kustompcs.co.uk) sell the jet, but not the light.

Am I thinking the jet has to be installed on the water entering the reservoir, and in my case since the reservoir is mounted to the roof of the case, I'd have to swap over the connections... how much water is going to pour out when I disconnect things from the tubes?

And as for the light, is it a UV light, where does it go, and how is it fitted....

Re: It worked!

Samstag, 5. März 2005, 17:46

If everything is leak free, you can put in your hardware now, and it should be as queiet as it is...

Samstag, 5. März 2005, 17:50

Zitat von »Halk«

Can't believe it. Apart from a leak or two that were quickly fixed, the watercooling I've fitted works.

;D ;D ;D

Zitat von »Halk«

Should it be that quiet? It's not making a sound. At all.

If I put my ear to the metal that the pump is attached to I can hear a slight noise.

I can only find out if it's working by touching the pump or the pipes connected to it, or looking in the top reservoir.

thats the right way, if you do not have an aquaero this is the only way to secure that the pump is working.

Zitat von »Halk«

How long should I leave it running before I migrate my PC into it?

It's been running completely leak free, with the green light on now for a couple of hours.

you should let it run for about 12 hours, but you do not have to.

Halk

Samstag, 5. März 2005, 17:51

Thanks.

Is it still just as quiet when it's running at the higher speed?

Oh, and since the jumpers are different than the manual I have (there's another 2 jumpers appeared, maybe 3) is it still ok to use the jumper as shown on the manual to increase the speed? I see no reason not to increase it if it's quiet, it'll only increase the speed of the whole thing.

Still can't believe there were no major problems!

Apart from the block being uneven - which sanding fixed - it's been a completely flawless system.

I guess the reputation for German engineering is deserved.

Samstag, 5. März 2005, 17:53

Zitat von »Halk«

Is it still just as quiet when it's running at the higher speed?

It should be as quiet as it is now... ;)

I personally mounted the cooling in my pc after 1 hour of testing, and it runs and runs and runs....

Halk

Samstag, 5. März 2005, 17:57

Thanks for the replies folks. :)

My only problem with installing the Aquacomputer thing was the feeling that there were very very few English speaking people using AC. Americans dominate the market and UK people tend to get American products. Or if not American, Tawian products aimed at Americans.

When I go to install the motherboard etc, I'll turn the speed up.

How often should I change the water? And how would I go about emptying it? Just quickly detach the output from the pump and stick it into an empty bottle?

Samstag, 5. März 2005, 18:12

Halk, you can't use the the jumper if you have a controller in the version 3.0.
Here is a picture of a controller 3.0.

//edit

There is no magical formula how often you should change the water. Some people use it for years.
Every year should be enough if you want to change it in regularly interval, but it's not necessary. Keep an eye on it, if the water becomes weird it's time for a change ;)

For emptying you can unplug a tube on a wise spot. I prefer the Aquatube. By the way: it is not recommend to use the water again.

Halk

Samstag, 5. März 2005, 18:16

Ok, I'll give it until I get plants growing inside :P

I don't have the LCD display - don't think I'll get it either.

So am I correct with those two jumpers?

Samstag, 5. März 2005, 18:28

The two unknown sockets are used for the LEDs. You can easily change them.

The pins are the right ones:

But remember: you can not use this on a 3.0 board!

Halk

Samstag, 5. März 2005, 20:19

Ah....

On the board I have then...

Is it already running at full speed?

If not is there a way to get it running at full speed?

Sonntag, 6. März 2005, 01:01

I do not really understand what you mean. If you have a 3.0 board the pump is running at 47Hz which is the standard setting. To raise up the frequency (max. 74Hz) you will need the aquaero.

Halk

Sonntag, 6. März 2005, 05:31

Ok.

There was a way, with the old versions, to raise the frequency.

But with the 3.0 this is not possible?

Is that correct?

On another note, I've been out, and I got home after 7 hours and condensation has formed on the lid of the reservoir, is this normal and nothing to be worried about?

Sonntag, 6. März 2005, 13:16

that is correct,

yes i had condesation on mine for while to, then i got an aquajet :)

Puggy

Dienstag, 8. März 2005, 05:33

Zitat von »Halk«

And as for the light, is it a UV light, where does it go, and how is it fitted....

The light is fitted into a clear plexi/plastic fitting. The fitting can be screwed into any hole on the tube, and then a light can be placed inside (from the outside) to make it glow. There is a UV light, as well as a green, blue, red, and, white lights. I use a green one and it looks very nice. I also use a UV one as my power-on light.

Dienstag, 8. März 2005, 14:13

Zitat von »Puggy«

The light is fitted into a clear plexi/plastic fitting. The fitting can be screwed into any hole on the tube, and then a light can be placed inside (from the outside) to make it glow. There is a UV light, as well as a green, blue, red, and, white lights. I use a green one and it looks very nice. I also use a UV one as my power-on light.

You'll need a drop of glue to keep the light inside the plexi fitting if its vertical, i used just a drop of superglue for mine.