• 02.06.2024, 08:07
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero failure rates?

Samstag, 19. März 2005, 19:12

Can anyone tell me why there seems to be a high failure rate of Aquaero's? I also noticed a lot of discussion in the German part of the forum concerning the Aquaero, but since I don't do German well I don't know what the subject matter is.

Just trying to decide whether to cancel my Aquaero order and get a Fan-O-Matic. I'm also concerned that A-C doesn't seem to want their distributors do warranty replacements and Germany is half way around the world from where I live in Southern California. Or is this a SNT issue of no stock to do warranty exchanges? Just concerned that the distributor www.sharkacorp.com I am working with to get me A-C products won't be able to handle standard warranty issues if they decide to take on the line as a full stocking distributor.

Re: Aquaero failure rates?

Samstag, 19. März 2005, 19:17

The point is that you not know how many AEs AC sells...
if from 1000 sells 1 comes to the forum and says it doesnt work, and the other 999 dont come and say it works, 0.1 % is a good quote....

Samstag, 19. März 2005, 19:27

Zitat von »back_orifice«

The point is that you not know how many AEs AC sells...
if from 1000 sells 1 comes to the forum and says it doesnt work, and the other 999 dont come and say it works, 0.1 % is a good quote....

Oh yes I do agree on that point. BUT one guy on this forum had two go bad. The orginal and the replacement both history! So...what is the estimted installed base of Aquaero's in your opinion?

Samstag, 19. März 2005, 19:28

Well, in the forum you will predominantly find people who have problems because people without problems don't post in the forum.
The most threads here are related to firmware/software issues.

And don't think you will have no problems with that other device. They also have a forum... ;)

I'm pretty sure that you will get no "real" answer to your question. I don't know a company who talks about things like this.

Samstag, 19. März 2005, 19:52

Zitat von »Shoggy«

Well, in the forum you will predominantly find people who have problems because people without problems don't post in the forum.

I suppose so but on the [H]ardforum many people post that don't have problems as well.

Zitat

The most threads here are related to firmware/software issues.

Thanks for that piece of the pie.

Zitat

And don't think you will have no problems with that other device. They also have a forum

Yes the reason I didn't want their product was the lack of English support and basically a stick it in your ear attitude about sales to the USA. Actually yesterday I changed my LT order to a VFD version ;D

Zitat

I'm pretty sure that you will get no "real" answer to your question. I don't know a company who talks about things like this.

Well I can understand about the "failure rate issue" but I was hoping someone around here might know and be willing to share on an informal basis seeing as there are people here that don't work for A-C right?

I am also curious to know about whether USA distributors can handle warranty claims for failed goods? With the problems of SNT there appears to be a few distributors who will be picking up the slack. It is important to know whether goods half a planet away can be warrantied by a local distributor. It has been my experience that most distributors send a few pic's of the problem along with an e-mail describing the problem to the manufacturer and they get a new one on their next order. I suppose this gets more complicated because A-C isn't selling direct to the USA...I hope they get their export act together soon :-[