• 27.04.2024, 01:28
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

take it out, but leave it in

Dienstag, 19. April 2005, 22:16

hi, just read about the "BaDassII" over on wizardforums. the creator of that thought that connecting the reservoir with a t-piece, and using only one of it's connectors:
| Aquatube |
|_________|
_________ | |___________
Water flow-> _______________________

is a good way of reducing restrictions in the system. Now to me this seems like a good idea, is there any reason why i shouldn't do this? (apart from not getting the aquajet working :'()

Re: take it out, but leave it in

Dienstag, 19. April 2005, 23:11

Zitat von »Mr_modnaR«

hi, just read about the "BaDassII" over on wizardforums. the creator of that thought that connecting the reservoir with a t-piece, and using only one of it's connectors:
| Aquatube |
|_________|
_________ | |___________
Water flow-> _______________________

is a good way of reducing restrictions in the system. Now to me this seems like a good idea, is there any reason why i shouldn't do this? (apart from not getting the aquajet working

I'm not sure I see how this would work? Can you explain better or provide a link? Does the other side of the T go back to the reservoir or is it just plugged? Or are you using the reservoir as just a place to off load extraneous water flow?

Dienstag, 19. April 2005, 23:23

please excuse the drawing, i've just noticed it! Right what i mean is: the aquatube is mounted at the highest point of the watercooling loop, ie at the top of the case. instead of having two p&c connectors screwed into it, you just have one. this drops down to a t-piece. the 'long' side of the t-piece (the straight bit) is inserted into the top portion of the water loop. in other words, once the system is filled, you have in effect a straight through connector, with little or no resistance. if the water level drops a little, extra water comes in from above from the aquatube. i work in the motor trade, and all modern cars have a header tank in their water systems. this header tank is not involved in circulating water in most cases, but just there to provide room for expansion, and to top up the water level. i hope you can understand this, i know i haven't explained it very well.

Mittwoch, 20. April 2005, 00:16

I think you can do that if you want, but the resistance in a Aquatube is nearly zero compared with the one of a cooler, especially compared with the Cuplex Pro/XT.

Mittwoch, 20. April 2005, 00:55

I think that it's used as an air trap

Mittwoch, 20. April 2005, 01:26

i guess you're right people! thanks for the input! at least i can put that aquajet to good, if entirely aesthetic, use now! ;)

Freitag, 22. April 2005, 06:20

Well, I'm the designer and builder of BaDassII... she's been performing like a racer ever since the day I fired her up... in fact she now powers three 21 inch Samsung flat panels instead of CRT's.

You're right Mr_modnaR... it works like a header tank and makes sure air never enters the critical cooling loop. The flow also by-passes the reservoir entirely, which probably helps the flow a bit, although that wasn't the main purpose.

If you're interested, here's the entire article: http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=41&type=expert

Freitag, 22. April 2005, 06:28

For what its worth, I'm waiting on a reservoir from Germany at the moment that will be used in the same way. Common sense, practice and experience tell me there is absolutely nothing to gain from moving coolant through a reservoir. It doesn't improve performance, flow or cooling... so what's the point? It purpose is plain... keep the loop full. There simply is no reason to run coolant through it to meet that objective.