• 26.04.2024, 09:11
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

XT mounting info needed

Mittwoch, 11. Mai 2005, 10:38

Okay I decided to put the springs under the mounting plate on my ASUS A8N-SLI mb? I screwed the special screw onto the MB mounting plate, added a washer, put spring on, added another washer, put XT onto assemby, added another washer, and then put the tightening wheel on and screwed it down onto the CPU. Is this correct?

There is no picture on the site that I could see and the P4's have the spring above the mounting plate on the Cuplex Pro's. Thought it would break my mb if I tried it that way. I have never used a mounting system like this before so need some pics or some help. How do you know when you are down far enough?

This mount will be the cat's meow when I decide to use a Peltier on it. ;D

Re: XT mounting info needed

Mittwoch, 11. Mai 2005, 12:19

Hi,

if the springs on the P4 mounting are above the mounting plate. Why do you use them the other way ? Because it´s another processor ? ::)

RTFM

Cheers

Stefan

Mittwoch, 11. Mai 2005, 14:52

Zitat von »Stefan«

Hi,

if the springs on the P4 mounting are above the mounting plate. Why do you use them the other way ? Because it´s another processor ? ::)

RTFM

Ahh..... which FM would that be? The one that I was told a while back is out of date and has old data in it? ;) How the hell do I know? :-/

The A-C hold down system is not used here in the USA. I look at a bag of parts that has 2 springs, 4 bolts, a pair of nuts, and 6 plastic washers. I figure if you put all that stuff in the kit for an A64 then you probably meant it to be used. So the way I put it in used the parts except the nuts and 2 machine screws which I didn't need because the special ones fit my MB hold down.

BTW, I tried it your way and just about wiped out my board. How the hell do you compress the spring that much to get the round nut on? Last time I did this on a car we had a special tool to compress the spring before we could put the shock on. Something ain't right here.....

Perhaps it might be a good idea to update your English site so people can understand what you are doing instead of trying to do monkey see monkey do with all the pics? ;)

Mittwoch, 11. Mai 2005, 15:24

not my site ;)

I do it like this ..

I press down the cooler with my left hand, then i screw the round screw on .. worked everytime.

Manual .. http://www.aqua-computer.de/download/AC_…ung20040425.pdf

ok .. its in german .. i know. But the pictures are universal language. ;D

Cheers

Stefan

RickCain

Samstag, 14. Mai 2005, 07:41

Nice instruction set. Wish I saw that when I did my first block. :'(

TN - Here is how mine turned out and seems to be correct.