• 26.04.2024, 05:14
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

AquagraFX 6600AGP compatible with 1/2" hoses?

Montag, 16. Mai 2005, 01:09

Hi guys,

I'm using a 1/2" WC setup, and I'm planning on buying the AquagraFX 6600AGP GPU-cooler.
Is it a good idea to use 1/2" barbs and connect it serial in my setup, or do I lose much waterflow this way? Can it handle it?
Or should I connect it 'parallel', because it would obstruct the flow to the rest of the blocks too much?
I use a Swiftech MCP650 pump.

Re: AquagraFX 6600AGP compatible with 1/2" ho

Montag, 16. Mai 2005, 02:22

allways use serial connection.
a parallel connection is not realy controlable.

using of 1/2"barbs and hoses ist not necessary. aqua-computer uses 6mm diameters in all their coolers. more wouldn't improve your cooling capability.
von all den dingen die mir sind verloren gegangen,
habe ich am meisten an meinem Verstand gehangen

Montag, 16. Mai 2005, 02:26

Zitat

using of 1/2"barbs and hoses ist not necessary

i think he means he's adding the AC cooler to his system which is already 1/2" barbs and hoses, so for ease of insertion (oo err! i think we need a nurse! not you top nurse ;)) into his system, he may as well stick with the barbs.

or is there an easier method?

Montag, 16. Mai 2005, 02:36

Zitat von »Mr_modnaR«

i think he means he's adding the AC cooler to his system which is already 1/2" barbs and hoses...

Yup, you got it (i'm Dutch, excuses for my rubbish English)
The reason for the 1/2" is a nice nozzle CPU-block, it cools better with more flow, and i got an average 1200L/H now.
So can the GPU-block handle a liter of water every three seconds?
Then it's possible to connect it serial.
When it can't handle 1200L/H i go for a parallel connection.

and if i see smoke i see i did it the wrong way ;D

Montag, 16. Mai 2005, 02:42

Zitat

and if i see smoke i see i did it the wrong way

LOL ;D

the only trouble being that the water is more likely to pass through the rest of the system than the gpu cooler, if you connect it serially, you ensure it is getting enoungh cooling.

i would think that it wouldn't hurt your flow enough to make 2 degree's difference.

Montag, 16. Mai 2005, 02:50

I'm planning to use a HD-cooler with standard 8x1 barbs too (will change those too), so I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to make a separate loop foor the HD-cooler and te GPU, and the rest for my dual H2O cooled PSU's, my mosfets, proc and NB. The PSU and MOSFET coolers are made of 15mm copper tube, 1/2" tubing wasn't available, and it works fine with tygon hoses.

I use a kind of special setup, with a Watercool MO RA2 radiator, partially passive cooled. When the temps rise too much, a 32CM fan starts to turn :) slowly yes, don't want to die from sonic booms

Montag, 16. Mai 2005, 02:58

Zitat

slowly yes, don't want to die from sonic booms

;D

...or remove boeing 747s from the skies above... 8)