• 27.04.2024, 01:52
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

fitting the 1800

Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2005, 16:26

hi does anyone have an idea on how to fit the 1800 rad. onto a case (lian li pc 71). Because at the mo its sitting at the back of my desk just resting against the wall and this is very inapproiate as i travel to lans quite often and therefore will be having to discount it and use a smaller rad. instead :-[

Re: fitting the 1800

Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2005, 16:47

if i'm right in thinking: there are four M4 threaded holes in the opposite side to the fans, you would use these to attch the rad to your case.

personally speaking i'd attach it to the opposite side of the pc to the window, if you have one. that way it can stay there, and you won't have to worry if you open your case, that you'll disturb the tubing.

hope this helps

Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2005, 17:11

yes this is what i thought of doing but... the m4 holes are just below where the tubes run in and out of the rad. Therefore it needs to be right at the top of the case. But on the pc 71 the side panel is connected at the top by 4 main holes... if i was to drill holes to allow for the 1800 to fit properly i would have to dril into these holes.... making 1) the side panel not able to go back on and 2) the holes (for the m4 screw) too large.... :-[ :-[

Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2005, 20:35

You may want to try using standoffs like this pic: http://watercoolplanet.de/index.php?open…genum=1&show=58

You can search keyword standoff here:
http://www.mcmaster.com/nav/Framework.asp?ReqTyp=CATALOG&CtlgPgNbr=3045&CtlgEdition=111&fam=stacers&ppe=9&ppr=1&psm=4&psl=3&

Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2005, 20:45

yeah, i'd have the APE1800 so that the connectors are at the back of the case, as in the pics on the website Badash has shown you, not the top, which is how i think you have it. (correct me if i'm wrong)

that way, you can run tubing out of the back of the case, keeping everything neat and tidy. ;D

Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2005, 03:26

ok thank you for that.. but exactly what ones do I need to get.. size etc

Thanks Ed

Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2005, 16:37

any size you like! ;D

give about 20-25mm space between the case and the rad, to allow for airflow thru the APE.

make sure the spacers have the M4 threaded stud, as this is what bolts to the APE, the threaded hole is normally the same thread on that type of stand-off, but it can be anything, cos the bolt heads will be on the inside surface of the case side panel.

have fun :D

Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2005, 22:36

ok thank ;D iv just spent like 100 quid on little things for my water cooling... i can't believe iv spent sooo much on it so far- over £500 on just water cooling i believe. :o

Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2005, 22:39

yeah, i find myself 'forgetting' what the computer components cost in the first place, otherwise, i'd never spend this much on water cooling stuff.

yeah right ;)