• 29.05.2024, 01:15
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Bulgin buttons

Mittwoch, 22. Juni 2005, 18:07

Hi all,

I've procured two Bulgin buttons for my new watercooled pc (complete with a very nice reservoir you all know so well). I bought them at a local electronics shop.
But the question remains; how to hook up the cool buttons?
The salesman could tell and a little search on the net revealed that they need 12V, am I correct?
Could someone help me with this?
I plan to use one for "On/Off" and one for "Reset".
Men may control the free world, but women control the boobs. Brent in Player vs. Player

Re: Bulgin buttons

Mittwoch, 22. Juni 2005, 18:55

Zitat von »Timstone«

The salesman could tell and a little search on the net revealed that they need 12V, am I correct?

Wuhaaa :o Absolutely wrong!

The blue verion needs 3.6V (20mA). The inner pins are for the switch and the outer pins are for the LEDs - they are also marked with + and -.

Mittwoch, 22. Juni 2005, 19:06

Woow, I must be blind then. Good thing I asked before I tried to put them on 12 Volts of juice. :o
So I don't need to connect them with a diode of resistor?
Iask this because I saw here at AC a pic of the connection set for the buttons. On the pic I saw a small extra electronic component.
Men may control the free world, but women control the boobs. Brent in Player vs. Player

Mittwoch, 22. Juni 2005, 20:53

Zitat

On the pic I saw a small extra electronic component

yes that is the resistor you need to reduce the voltage from 12v to 3.6v providing you want to connect the switch to a molex connector for example.

Mittwoch, 22. Juni 2005, 21:19

You see that's where I got the 12V. Hah, I knew I confused a few numbers. Thanks for the help people. Much obliged. :)

shonuff

Donnerstag, 23. Juni 2005, 10:41

Shoggy, what voltage is required by the RED switches? Is it 2.0v?

Donnerstag, 23. Juni 2005, 10:56

I'm not Shoggy but 1.85V.
Suche Bücher von Tanenbaum und Galileo (auch Video-Training) - bitte KM! [img] http://www.aqua-computer-berlin.de/logo.png [/img]

shonuff

Donnerstag, 23. Juni 2005, 11:27

Zitat von »Katzenfreund«

I'm not Shoggy but 1.85V.

Thanks! One of the US resellers that cary this switch says 2v and another says 3.2v. :o The pdf file on the Bulgin website also says 1.85v. I am hoping that I will be safe with voltages between 1.85v and 2.0v.

Donnerstag, 23. Juni 2005, 23:38

I hope so too. I've bought the blue and red one too.
Fingers crossed.

Freitag, 24. Juni 2005, 21:08

y are the switches different voltages ???

Freitag, 24. Juni 2005, 22:20

i guess that different colours of leds need different voltages to attain a similar light output level.

Samstag, 25. Juni 2005, 22:29

ty :)