• 26.04.2024, 08:59
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

XT spring question

Donnerstag, 7. Juli 2005, 22:57

Do I have the right set of springs for my XT? When I set the XT on my CPU and add the washer and spring the top of the spring is about 6mm higher than the threaded piece that screws into my backing plate. I have to put about 30-40 lbs of force on the nut to even get it started. :-/

j_afc

Re: XT spring question

Freitag, 8. Juli 2005, 07:04

i would half to gess but i would say no.
all teh water block's that i have used... all have thred to get teh nuts started.

Freitag, 8. Juli 2005, 11:02

Thanks for replying :)

I went today to Sharka where I got the XT block from and we pulled all the mount kits for the A64 XT's. The springs look usable if you were to use the supplied round head machine screws. However, my A8N-SLI board has a backing plate so I used the included posts. It is with those posts that the springs are 6mm higher than where the threads start. Do do you suppose I got the right springs, but the wrong posts?

Freitag, 8. Juli 2005, 13:22

I didnt get any posts with mine, just the roundhead screws. Youd probably be best off removing the backing plate from the mobo - thats what i did on my ASUS and on this DFI.

Nexxo

Samstag, 9. Juli 2005, 15:47

Zitat von »Top_Nurse«

Thanks for replying :)

I went today to Sharka where I got the XT block from and we pulled all the mount kits for the A64 XT's.  The springs look usable if you were to use the supplied round head machine screws.  However, my A8N-SLI board has a backing plate so I used the included posts.  It is with those posts that the springs are 6mm higher than where the threads start.  Do do you suppose I got the right springs, but the wrong posts?

So what you are basically saying is that the mounting springs work if used with the supplied mounting screws. But if you use them with the motherboard supplied posts they don't. Yet you thought the problem was with the springs. ::)

You just need to engineer a fix so you can make the AC mounting kit compatible with the ideosyncratic A8N-SLI backplate. Just dig out some suitable posts/screws that marry the two. In short: mod it. No challenge for a seasoned watercooler. :)

Samstag, 9. Juli 2005, 15:59

You don't need the motherboards metal backing plate. You will not be applying the downforce a stock heatsink/fan combo requires..

Beun

Samstag, 9. Juli 2005, 17:36

Same problem here, just use the other screws :) Weird AC didn't make both springs the same length...

off topic: how do I know what is the in- or outlet on the cuplex XT?

Samstag, 9. Juli 2005, 17:44

Zitat von »Beun«

off topic: how do I know what is the in- or outlet on the cuplex XT?

Inlet is the connector which is going into the chamber with the nozzles.

In this picture the upper connection is the inlet:

Beun

Samstag, 9. Juli 2005, 18:01

Thanx shoggy, you're a great help as always!! :)

Dienstag, 2. August 2005, 04:37

Zitat von »Nexxo«

So what you are basically saying is that the mounting springs work if used with the supplied mounting screws. But if you use them with the motherboard supplied posts they don't. Yet you thought the problem was with the springs.

No the problem is with the AC supplied posts that fit the ASUS motherboard backing plate as they are too short. If I use the screws I am concerned about the pressure being applied to the MB. I think I will go get some metric threaded rod and make my own. :-/