• 26.05.2024, 07:55
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

shonuff

Can I use two Aquastreams with the Aquero?

Donnerstag, 14. Juli 2005, 23:14

The title says it all. I can use two Aquastreams with the Aquero can't I?

Are there any special attachments or cables required?

Re: Can I use two Aquastreams with the Aquero?

Donnerstag, 14. Juli 2005, 23:36

Not a problem. However you need to use Aquastream controllers that have the selectable address jumpers on it, which I think is version 3 and above. You will also need to get a new Aquaero Aquastream interface cable. AC sells these, but good luck finding it. The best solution is to go to the local electronics store and buy the following parts: 5 feet of 10 conductor ribbon cable and some crimp on style connectors. It should be obvious how this all goes together. If you want to be super sure you can use a multi-meter to check the pins for continuity and no cross shorts.

Freitag, 15. Juli 2005, 00:24

Zitat von »Top_Nurse«

AC sells these, but good luck finding it.

Shop -> Aquaero -> aquaero-aquastream Verbindungskabel für zwei aquastream-Controller for 3.99 euro.

Freitag, 15. Juli 2005, 00:34

You can also use one older aquastream (you just have to change the address at one of two pumps).
The cable can be made the way described by top_nurse. At the connectors you'll find a arrow at pin 1. The red wire of the cable must be on this side.

Tunage

Freitag, 15. Juli 2005, 00:47

Thank you Stephan, you just made my day with that answer. I have a version 3.0 controller and also an older one, and am very close to firing up the whole system. I was about to post exactly what ShoNuff asked, and specificly if an old/new controller could be used together without affecting the Aquastream, or if even the AE would see both controllers.

shonuff

Freitag, 15. Juli 2005, 01:24

Thanks! Fortunately my current Aquastream is a version 3 and the new one that I purchase will obviously be newer than that.

Now I just need to figure out how to get in on that 10% off deal.   :)

Tunage where are the pics man! You are breaking new ground. We gotta see some pics.  ;D

Tunage

Samstag, 16. Juli 2005, 02:45

I wouldn't say I'm breaking new ground Shonuff, but I've done some different mounting solutions in a v2000 case that some may find interesting. I hope to have pix for you this weekend....:-)

Mittwoch, 20. Juli 2005, 10:41

For those who are using dual Aquastreams with an Aquaero there is a simple way to mount both Aquastream controllers to the Aquaero. It comes stock with the ability to add one controller to the back. To get both controllers on the back you need to disassemble the main Aquaero board from the display. There are six (6) socket head cap screws that need to be removed. Then you can separate the display from the main board if you have a pin and socket connection on late model Aquaero's. If it is soldered together you will have to figure out how to do this yourself. On the front side of the mainboard there are two socket head cap screws that hold on the hex metal stand-offs. Take this off and replace it with the type that has a female on one end and a male on the other end. I used a 6-32 x 1" stand-off. The female side of the stand-off is screwed to the Aquaero mainboard. You then add an Aquastream controller as usual over the male threads. Then take a double female stand-off of the same thread size you used earlier and screw it on to the other male threaded stand-off. Now you add the second Aquastream controller and tighten it down to the stand-off just like you would normally do if you were using a stock unit.

Now you have an Aquaero with both Aquastream controllers conveniently located so that you can easily use the standard 4 1/2" Aquaero-Aquastream 10 pin cable to connect all three devices by just adding a 10 pin ribbon crimp on connector. ;D

One added bonus by using a 1" male/female stand-off and 3/4" double female stand-off is that it moves the Aquastream contoller far enough away from the Aquaero that you can easily attach the relay connector without having to disassemble your hardware.

Montag, 8. August 2005, 06:02

Just a quick note to let you know that I changed the design once more. I am now using a 1" female/female standoff instead of the 3/4" as it was easier to work with. Depending on the controller's you have you might need to use a nylon binder head screw at the second controller.