• 06.06.2024, 12:43
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Beun

9/16” NPT --> plug 'n cool

Montag, 18. Juli 2005, 08:50

Is it possible to fit a plug & cool connection to a 9/16” NPT threat?

Re: 9/16” NPT --> plug 'n cool

Montag, 18. Juli 2005, 09:43

Zitat von »Beun«

Is it possible to fit a plug & cool connection to a 9/16” NPT threat?

Depends on who made the mating thread as not all 9/16 NPT threads are the same. All "PLug & Cool" connectors are 6mm ID/8mm OD push-fits. You can get push-fits to fit 1/4 NPT (not through AC though) as I think you are confusing the terms. A 1/4 NPT thread is actually a 9/16-18 tapered pipe thread made to USA National standards. Legris, Parker, and Norgren make these among other manufacturers. Plug & Cool uses 1/8 & 1/4 BSPP (G 1/8 & G1/4) threads which stands for British Standard Parallel Pipe. Some people have done what you are asking by wrapping a whole gob of pipe tape on the threads before screwing it in. Not recommended :-/ Best to get the right thread for the right job :)

Dienstag, 19. Juli 2005, 00:41

I gave up on this exact question after spending about £50 trying various "multifit" p&c barbs.
Used a 3/8 9/16-18 normal barb which was a nice snug fit for my 10mm OD/8mm ID tubing.

Dienstag, 19. Juli 2005, 02:23

Zitat von »stu_allen«

I gave up on this exact question after spending about £50 trying various "multifit" p&c barbs.
Used a 3/8  9/16-18 normal barb which was  a nice snug fit for my 10mm OD/8mm ID tubing.

Where can I find companies that deal with these type of fittings, I would really like to use a Danger Den Maze4 chipset block with my AC loop, but Danger Den use 9/16" thread sizes.

Beun

Dienstag, 19. Juli 2005, 09:58

Yes, that's also the reason why I asked. I would like to use the DD fill cap.

Thanks for all the reply's by the way! :)

Dienstag, 19. Juli 2005, 12:46

Where are you located? Danger Den uses NPT threads only. So the thread you are looking for is called a 1/4 NPT (National Pipe Thread). It is a tapered pipe thread that has no o-ring and you must use pipe tape on it for two reasons. One is that it provides the lubricity on the threads to tighten it up and secondarily it helps seal the connection. It has been my experience that NPT joints leak....

However, to answer your question all most all fitting companies make NPT threaded parts no matter where they are made in the world. It may take a few days to get them, but they should be readily available. So what you want is a 8mm push-fit (also called instant fittings) with a 1/4 NPT thread. 5/16" x 1/4 NPT should also work. Legris makes fittings that say 8mm & 5/16 on the same push-fit that you can buy in the USA.

Beun

Mittwoch, 20. Juli 2005, 00:54

Thanx top nurse!

By the way I'm located in The Netherlands :)

Mittwoch, 20. Juli 2005, 10:55

Hi Beun...

Well I suppose that you should have no problem getting a 1/4 NPT fitting from someplace where you live. I would look for industrial automation supply houses as they usually stock both threads. If not it should only take a few days for them to get what you want.

Beun

Sonntag, 24. Juli 2005, 23:17

Hmmm, the best would be, that AC just also make a fill cap :)

Sonntag, 24. Juli 2005, 23:49

Am I gathering that you are trying to interface a Danger Den Fillport to your Aquatube? I used an AC 3/8" barb with 1/8 BSPP added to the back of my Aquatube and the tubing goes to my DD Fillport. I did have to take off that silver screen off the Aquastream because it was getting in the way. It ended up loooking a lot better in the long run though. ;D

Now after doing that I have been considering doing some other way of mating that Fillport to my circuit. I am looking around for what is called an "unequal T" push-fit fitting. Essentially the top of the "T" would be for standard 8/6mm "Plug & Cool" tubing. The bottom of the "T" would be some tube size so that I can directly connect the Fillport. Thus I would have an easier way of introducing fluids into my system through one of the return lines coming back into the Aquatube. 8)

Beun

Montag, 25. Juli 2005, 08:58

Sounds perfect. Do you have pictures by any chance?

Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2005, 08:10

Zitat von »Beun«

You know that there is an even easier way of doing things... using simple stock parts.

Firstly, buy a G1/8 thread 10mm barb (that's 3/8" sized) and then screw it into your Aquatube..

then, buy a 3/8" sized Danger Den Fillport.

Lastly, get some 3/8" tubing and connect.

If you don't want to use 3/8" tubing, then you'll have a harder time looking for (but it is available) a 3/8" female to G1/4 (equivalent) female reducer and then screw a plug & cool fitting on one end and the DD Fillport on the other.

Beun

Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2005, 10:14

That's actually also an really good idea!

Can't believe I didn't think of that :)

Freitag, 29. Juli 2005, 04:51

Zitat von »Beun«

The clear tube goes to the Danger Den Fillport from the AC 3/8 barb x 1/8 BSPP fitting. You can see more of my project Feeding Frenzy here. I also keep a duplicate worklog on the [H]ardForum as well.

Dienstag, 27. September 2005, 14:41

just to clarify, 1/4 NPT IS NOT 9/16".

Dangerden is currently moving to 9/16-18 (aka UNF, fine thread). UNF is parrallel while NPT is tapered.

Mittwoch, 28. September 2005, 14:32

Zitat von »gezzas525«

Dangerden is currently moving to 9/16-18 (aka UNF, fine thread). UNF is parrallel while NPT is tapered.

9/16-18 IS a *tapered* thread. Thats why there are two numbers (16 and 18) at the end, to give the diameter at the largest and smallest points.

Mittwoch, 28. September 2005, 14:51

Zitat von »stu_allen«

9/16-18 IS a *tapered* thread. Thats why there are two numbers (16 and 18) at the end, to give the diameter at the largest and smallest points.

Sorry, but that is wrong. 9/16 is the size in fractional inches. The 18 part is the threads per inch. The DD part is a standard UNF (United National Fine) thread pitch which is straight and it is not anyway like a BSPP thread spec. They just added an o-ring to the barb and it fits kinda okay on a NPT female thread. A 1/4 NPT (National Pipe Thread) is a tapered 9/16-18 thread spec though it is never called 9/16-18 because it would be too confusing.

Do yourself a favor and use a BSPP as they don't leak. ;)

Freitag, 30. September 2005, 23:23

I am using 1/4 NPT on my rad and it doesnt leak, its sealed using pure sillicone adhesive sealant (no way it will leak, the tubing will burst well before the thread leaks).

Samstag, 1. Oktober 2005, 03:55

Zitat von »gezzas525«

I am using 1/4 NPT on my rad and it doesnt leak, its sealed using pure sillicone adhesive sealant (no way it will leak, the tubing will burst well before the thread leaks).

You used 1/4 NPT on a BSPP threaded radiator? :o

Sonntag, 2. Oktober 2005, 21:32

No its a 1/4 NPT thread on a BIX III.