• 26.04.2024, 05:57
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

taking off ram heatsink

Sonntag, 30. Oktober 2005, 16:00

how do you get the heat stink thing off the ocz platinum ram (2 gig)? I just bought the ramplex...i could leave them on but i dont think it would be effective enough thanks

B.

http://www.gearlive.com/blogimages/oczplatinumram1.jpg

Re: taking off ram heatsink

Sonntag, 30. Oktober 2005, 17:50

personally id leave them on. id maybe carefully remove the ocz label but the rest id leave. reason being that they prolly used thermal adhesive to fix the heatsinks and you will prolly damage the ram if you remove them also if you do manage to remove them the resale valve will be like zippo. looking at the label it also says your warrenty is invalid if they are removed so unlesss you got money to burn id say leave alone.

imo your not gonna gain anything performance wise either.

Jessica

Sonntag, 30. Oktober 2005, 21:49

I agree leave them on no point in taking them off

Sonntag, 30. Oktober 2005, 21:54

Normally you will destroy the OCZ-Ram by removing the heat-spreader from the module. I have tested that on two OCZ-Rams and I think it's really difficult to remove them without removing the surface mounted RAM-Packages. The ICs are mounted by grid ball arrays and its not really hard to remove them from the PCB.....

Use the ramplex with the standars heatspreader. You'll lose 5-10 °C but that is better than a destroyed module.

Sonntag, 30. Oktober 2005, 23:18

ok thanks for the info i think i will leave them on then.

Sonntag, 30. Oktober 2005, 23:47

just another here if you water cool them over the top of the heatspreader, i think you will get a better connection with the heatsink??? or is that wrong?

any 1?

Montag, 31. Oktober 2005, 01:14

Zitat von »Stephan«

Use the ramplex with the standars heatspreader. You'll lose 5-10 °C but that is better than a destroyed module.

;)

Freitag, 4. November 2005, 01:18

Zitat von »MUFFDIVER«

just another here if you water cool them over the top of the heatspreader, i think you will get a better connection with the heatsink??? or is that wrong?

any 1?

no-one actually replyed to this because i have Corsair ram with the heatsink already on and i think it is glued so will the ramplex fit on still?

Freitag, 4. November 2005, 01:31

strange i thought i did reply to your question ::)

Zitat von »Stephan«

Use the ramplex with the standard heatspreader. You'll lose 5-10 °C but that is better than a destroyed module.

;)

Freitag, 4. November 2005, 01:34

sorry my question is will you getter better cooling by leaving the heatspreader on?

Freitag, 4. November 2005, 01:58

oh in that case :) no leave the heatsinks on, i seemed to remember stephan saying that you will lose 5-10 °C but you will destroy your ram if you try to remove the heatsinks.

im gonna be fitting some to my corsair ram & will deffo leave the heatsinks on, as imo the ramplex is not really a performance mod, its more just for the bling factor. you could get the same or even better performance just buy having a well vented case and decent airflow. but it want look as sexy ;)

Freitag, 4. November 2005, 02:01

well its too late now as i have paid for them but shud be better and shud look better than the 2 x 40 mm crab ram coolers with shite led's. ;D