• 27.04.2024, 04:49
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

new to wc and ac, need some advice

Montag, 7. November 2005, 02:31

Hey guys, i'm new to water cooling but i've been doing some research over the past few weeks and have decided to get a ac setup for my system. I have a couple of questions on what to get, and where to get it (as i'm living in california).

I have a lian li pc-75b case, so I have been basing my setup off of the system on the ac home page, heres what I was planning on.

aquastream pump
aquatube reservoir
airplex evo 160
cuplex evo cpu block

okay so I have a couple of questions, for starters, what/how much tubing and conntectors will I need to set this up. and what graphics card block for an nvidia 7800gt, I may eventually go sli, but for now I just have the one. I am ordering a dfi sli-dr expert when they arrive that will be going into this as well. I am trying to figure out the best way to do this.

Another question I have is about an easy way to drain the water, in case I want to add something to the loop. Is there an easy way to add a valve to the loop that I can connect a hose to for draining when the valve is open?

So the last question is where is the best place to get this stuff, and any advice/guides on how to set it up would be appreciated as well.

Re: new to wc and ac, need some advice

Montag, 7. November 2005, 13:49

Hello and welcome to the AC forum. :)

If you go to the main AC website and look up on the local stores page you will find most of the AC distributors and retailers throughout the world.

There are two ways to go on the GPU. You can get one of the AquagraFX 7800 combo coolers (ram & GPU) or you could also use a TwinPlex Pro. I just did a little review of the TwinPlex Pro and you can find it on both bit-tech and the [H]ardForum. They both have disadvantages and advantages. The AquagraFX coolers are single purpose but have some definite bling and also cool the ram. If you use a TwinPlex block then you have definite future upgradability on your side though you would then need to add some ramsinks for the memory.

Make sure you get an Aquastream version 3.5 so you can OC the pump without having an Aquaero. The 160 will be fine for what you are planning. However, if you plan on adding to your coolers or want some headr0oom you might think about an Evo 240 radiator. You should plan on getting about 9-12 feet of tubing.

Montag, 7. November 2005, 14:04

thanks, any idea if sharka can get the cuplex evo? It doesn't seem to be on their website.

Montag, 7. November 2005, 23:08

Zitat von »su1n3g«

thanks, any idea if sharka can get the cuplex evo? It doesn't seem to be on their website.

That is a difficult to answer question. I heard from someone recently who wanted a pair of Evo's for a dual Opteron setup and E-mailed Sharka numerous times for 3-4 months before they responded. OTOH I have had somewhat better luck in getting special order stuff out of Sharka. However, recently I placed a $450 USD order directly with IT-Trade as I got tired of waiting myself. My suggestion is that you e-mail all the retailers that you would consider doing business with, make note of who has the best pricing, and who is the most responsive to your inquiries.

Dienstag, 8. November 2005, 01:39

alright, I live in the area so perhaps I will call sharka, emails are easier to ignore than phone calls :D

thanks for all the help.

Dienstag, 8. November 2005, 19:32

im a noob myself and wish id read around and shopped around before i had bought anything. its been a year since i got my wc kit and its worked a dream but now im bored at looking at it so i just spent another 750 euros on a new project. But this time il get it right. im installing it all tomorrow in a cm stacker case. i know yawnage. cm stackers are not everyones cup of tea but something appeals to me about it.

no doubt il change it again in a few months. ;D

Mittwoch, 9. November 2005, 01:32

may I ask what you had before, and what your new setup is?

Mittwoch, 9. November 2005, 01:38

my old kit was

360 rad
pump
aquatube resevoir
twinplex rev1.2
cuplex pro rev.2

and my new 1 which im fitting (time check) ah yes... today!
is this lot :-

2 x pumps
2 x ram coolers
1 x Cooler for voltage regulator
1 x cuplex pro rev.2
1 x 6600gt aquagfx pciE
2 x aquatube rev1.1
1 x twinplex rev1.2
1 x 360 rad
1 x 240 rad
1 x 120 rad

Mittwoch, 9. November 2005, 03:38

nice! I see you have the cuplex pro, how do you like it? I'm debating between that and the cuplex evo, if I can get ahold of one.

Mittwoch, 9. November 2005, 11:17

Why do you need all those radiators?

Mittwoch, 9. November 2005, 17:12

ok the water passes through the 240 rad to the resevoir then goes to cool the cpu, after that the flow goes to a 120 rad and then cools 2 gfx cards. it just keeps the temp down. then the 360 will cool the ram, north bridge, hdd's, voltage regulator and eventually when i buy one a power supply. so two circuits but 1 main 1 for the cpu and gfx cards. and another for the rest. this will keep generally keep the temps down, and the main circuit ie. the cpu and gfx cards which i consider to be the priority and also i believe produce the most heat.

right?

Mittwoch, 9. November 2005, 18:05

Holy moly! that's even more OTT than mine... and I though using a 360 was overkill for just my GPU, Ram, and subsystems!!

You seem to have a radiator for each component in your system!! haha

Rock on dude!
;D

Donnerstag, 10. November 2005, 04:23

nowt wrong wid extra cooling, seriously smooothe......