• 26.04.2024, 19:51
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

USB wiring for Mutiswitch, Aquaero, and Tubemeter?

Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2005, 07:58

Greetings most exalted ones...

Today's question relates to the use of custom made USB cables. What I need to know is whether there would be any interference from running two USB devices through the same physical cable. IOW, I want to run a single 10 conductor 22 gauge stranded copper wire cable to two of my Tubemeters. The other end will plug into a dual USB MB header.

I also would like to do the same thing with the USB headers coming off the Aquaero and the Multiswitch.

Anyone see any problems here?

Re: USB wiring for Mutiswitch, Aquaero, and Tubeme

Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2005, 11:07

Hi,

you can not run more than one device through one cable. USB is designed as a point to point bus. The problems starts at the detection of available devices at the bus, bus-speed detection.....

At all: Nothing will work with more than one device at a cable.

Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2005, 11:46

Oh I didn't mean through the same wiring. ;) What I meant was 10 wires going through the same physical cable. 5 each will be dedicated to each USB device. There would be no interaction between the two devices except perhaps magnetic or RF induced, which was the point of my question. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2005, 15:03

Insulated,, then shud be ok. but the best way to find out is Trial and error.....

hopeit works out.

muff

Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2005, 15:39

Zitat

Oh I didn't mean through the same wiring. What I meant was 10 wires going through the same physical cable. 5 each will be dedicated to each USB device. There would be no interaction between the two devices except perhaps magnetic or RF induced, which was the point of my question. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Yeah it'll be fine! The standard cables you get with, say, a lian li case for the dual usb porst on the front are like this.

I think the voltages used for the data lines are so low, that the interference is negligible.

I'm sure it wouldn't harm using shielded cable, but i don't think it is necessary, especially on such a short run. if you were talking 10m of cable, then maybe yes.

hope this helps :D