• 27.04.2024, 10:51
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquasuite

Sonntag, 19. März 2006, 03:46

Does Aquasuite work with XP 64?

Re: Aquasuite

Sonntag, 19. März 2006, 11:41

IIRC there is a problem in that the .NET Framework needs version 2 to run in XP64 and the Aquasuite doesn't work with version 2. Perhaps someone who knows can more fully explain the issue.

Sonntag, 19. März 2006, 13:04

Zitat von »Top_Nurse«

IIRC there is a problem in that the .NET Framework needs version 2 to run in XP64 and the Aquasuite doesn't work with version 2. Perhaps someone who knows can more fully explain the issue.

So it is :).

The aquaero-installer needs a version 1.1-framework, otherwise it won't work. According to some users, the aquasuite itself can work with just a version 2.0 installed, you just have to install the aquasuite with 1.1, the you can update to 2.0. The problem is that there is no version 1.1 for XP64 and as Sebatian wrote in another Topic, there won't be a full-2.0-compatible release during the (at least) next half year.
But don't be unhappy: XP64 is a dead system. Still, there are not drivers for every piece of hardware available, lots of software is incompatible and - thats the point - there won't be solutions for it, because M$ will release Windows Vista. So why spending time on writing code for xp64, when no one will really use the system?
"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."

Sonntag, 19. März 2006, 17:15

When is Vista is released I will be quite happy, until then I will use 64 and I really like it. I have not had much trouble finding drivers, but I understand the code writing issue.

Donnerstag, 23. März 2006, 11:22

there is no reason to use 64 bit though... no reason at all. The only thing that 64 bit enables you to have is more RAM, but this is pointless because you most likely can't afford to have more than 4gig and anyway even if you did your motherboard wouldn't surport it. If you did have a motherboard that surported more than 4gig then it would be a server motherboard in which case you would normally be getting a server operating system.
64 bit only offers incompatiblity nothing more.

Boswell.

Donnerstag, 23. März 2006, 15:06

Small Upodate: According to a member in the german aquaero-section, it is no problem tu copy the directory of an installed aqausuite on a PC with only .net 2.0 - so try to copy an aquasuite-installation to ypur Win64-PC and it should work fine :D.

Dienstag, 28. März 2006, 03:51

Aquasuite does work with 64. You can install NETF 1.1, install Aquasuite then install NETF 2 and viola!

Dienstag, 28. März 2006, 03:56

Zitat von »boswell«

there is no reason to use 64 bit though... no reason at all. The only thing that 64 bit enables you to have is more RAM, but this is pointless because you most likely can't afford to have more than 4gig and anyway even if you did your motherboard wouldn't surport it. If you did have a motherboard that surported more than 4gig then it would be a server motherboard in which case you would normally be getting a server operating system.
64 bit only offers incompatiblity nothing more.

Boswell.

I disagree. I have a TYAN 2895 with Dual 254 Opterons, 8 GBs of RAM and it is like having to FX-57's. It is extremely stable and it smokes in gaming. In a word, Einmalig!
Just my opinion.

Dienstag, 28. März 2006, 12:06

Zitat

and it smokes in gaming.

Well, maybe you should have a better cooling :-X :P ;D

/me is going to hide himself to avoid theseeker's punchs ;D

Since there is no -net-Framework for XP64 and one might not want to install another os just for copying the aquasuite-folder, our well-known master, our god, the chief of witness Shoggy (was heißt eigentlich schleimen auf Englisch ;D 8)) has made a package :).