• 28.04.2024, 12:01
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquastream pump controller

Donnerstag, 20. Juli 2006, 11:40

I plan on buying an Aquaero controller - this is great stuff.

Q1:  For the aquastream pump controller, what is the maximum amps the controller can provide to the pump?

I ask because based on what I have read in the Aquacomputer documentation, it would appear that the aquastream controller could control any 12VDC pump since the only connection between pump and controller is 12V.  

EDIT: Actually it may be AC and not 12V DC... Is that correct?

Q2:  I know that officially, the controller is only for the "Aquastream" pump, but certainly it must work with other 12V pumps... Is this possible?

EDIT: If it is AC, are there more powerful AC pumps that this controller can work with?

Q3:  If two aquastream controllers can be bridged to an aquaero controller as mentioned in the documentation, then I presume you can double the power (amp) output by using the two controllers to supply power to a single pump in parallel?

EDIT: If AC, I gather this won't work at all?

I would really like to come up with some way to use one or a pair of these to control a Swiftech MCP655 pump which draws from 1.7-2 amps.  Anyone else considered this?

EDIT: This is a 12V DC pump so I guess I'm out of luck on this. Perhaps there is a more powerful AC pump I can use with this controller.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Aquastream pump controller

Donnerstag, 20. Juli 2006, 13:54

Hi,

no, you can just use the aquastrem with the aquaero.

Cheers

Stefan

JaR

Donnerstag, 20. Juli 2006, 15:35

There has recently been a discussion about solutions for the Laing DDC, but nobody gave information as to when we could expect something in that direction from AC.
badger badger badger ...

Freitag, 21. Juli 2006, 09:09

Zitat von »Stefan«

Hi,

no, you can just use the aquastrem with the aquaero.

Cheers

Stefan

That's not a very insightful response. Why?

I understand that the aquastream is actually a 9V AC pump which is probably fairly unique. Is that why?

Freitag, 21. Juli 2006, 20:45

The whole controller is desigend and highly optimized towards the aquastream. If you try to use it with an other pump there is everything possible: from it will not work up to 'hey, nice indoor fireworks' ;)