• 27.04.2024, 14:28
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Insight into Aquaero fan controller workings?

Freitag, 21. Juli 2006, 09:17

Hi,

I'm curious, does a fan controller like the Aquaero work simply like a variable potentiometer? Is that the basic principle behind it... providing a voltage across the pins proportional to the "electronic" pot setting?

Is it therefore safe to assume that most fan controllers and the Aquaero could replace the POT on the D5/MCP655 pump that is used to control the speed?

Here's a thread on [H]... http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1068890

I may try this mod if folks who understand the Aquaero can confirm that its fan controller can indeed replace the POT on this pump.

Thanks!

Re: Insight into Aquaero fan controller workings?

Freitag, 21. Juli 2006, 13:56

As the MCP655 has a rating of 24W@12V, and the Aquaero V4 fan channels handle a maximum of 10W, (more than enough for the fans that you're meant to run on them) I'd say no.

The Aquaero is a pretty complex piece of equipment designed to integrate and manage AC hardware and most suitable fans - you're almost certainly not going to receive official support on these forums for trying to run anything else on it. It's also quite an expensive item of hardware to ruin in this way.

Before you ask, I have no affiliation with AC.

Oxize

Freitag, 21. Juli 2006, 17:43

Why dont you just take the Aquastream pump? You can control it with the Aquaero. You can manage the flow from 300l/h to 600l/h. Enough for low flow sets like AC.
Ich bin ein Tukker :)

Freitag, 21. Juli 2006, 17:56

^ Probably because the MCP655 he's looking at can hit 1200 l/h and has 1/2" barb connectors - it's intended for larger bore loops.

Freitag, 21. Juli 2006, 21:09

Zitat von »Infiltraitor«

^ Probably because the MCP655 he's looking at can hit 1200 l/h and has 1/2" barb connectors - it's intended for larger bore loops.

That's correct.  And note, I never proposed controlling the MCP655/D5 pump directly... I know it's power requirements far exceed the output of the Aquaero.

However, the MCP655/D5 pump has a POT which simply acts as a voltage divider to the pump's microcontroller to set the operating speed of the pump.  My question is, a fan controller, like the aquaero is simply a voltage divider as well, right?  It simply provides 0-12V across the appropriate pins.  So regardless of what the fan controller was designed for, the bottom line is it is an electronically controlled POT and can likely therefore be used to replace the manual POT in the MCP655 and thereby control the pump.  The only question to be determined is the voltage range the MCP's POT works over... is it a 12V divider or a 5V divider?

Does this make sense?

Why is there so much resistance here to trying new things? The makers of aquacomputer stuff should be excited to see their goods being used in ways they never considered.

Freitag, 21. Juli 2006, 21:20

Zitat von »virtualrain«

Sorry for this post, ended up quoting myself instead of editing my post above.  Ignore this one.

Zitat von »virtualrain«

Again... crap.

lol :)
try this ;)
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

Samstag, 22. Juli 2006, 21:07

You can try this. The aquaero will provide you 0.05V to 11.95V. But we are not able to give you any guarante for this. A pot is different to a power source (which the aquaero is). The circuit on the pump can do something really different with the potentiometer.

We will lauch a controller in a few weeks. Maybe this will be your solution.

JaR

Samstag, 22. Juli 2006, 22:55

Zitat von »Stephan«

"In a few weeks", couldn't you have said that in the laing thread in the german section too?
badger badger badger ...

Sonntag, 23. Juli 2006, 10:26

Zitat von »Stephan«

What does this mean?  Can your provide more information?  What kind of pumps will this control?

I'm actually leaning towards the 18W DDC Ultra pump now.  The MCP655/D5 sounds too loud for me.

Thanks!

EDIT:  Actually, I'm going to start a new thread on this since we have diverted subjects... (See thread titled "Using Aquaero to control other pumps")

Dienstag, 25. Juli 2006, 18:51

Zitat von »Stephan«

I hope that this controller can be connected to the aquaero