• 27.04.2024, 15:04
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

new set up / aquaero problem :/

Montag, 14. August 2006, 12:39

lo all,

not been about for a while due to not having a working pc,
work & stuff ment having to put everything else on hold.

i made some free evenings last week and got my rig up &
running tho not finished, but it is now working.

big thanks for all the help & advise in the past for a almost
trouble free install. :)

loop 1 = 240evo + cuplex xt + aquadrive cooling fx-55 & 2
raptor = CPU temp 32/42

loop 2 = 360evo + 2 aquafrafx + cuplex cooling 2 6800ultra &
chipset = GPU temp 49/51 & Chipset 32/40

im happy so far with all the temps recorded using the supplied
mobo / gfx software.

i have still not been able to get the aquaero software to
work. the aquaero seems to be working ok as its powering the
pumps & the display is showing what the instructions say it
should tho its still in german.

i have downloaded the lastest aquasuite off the ac website,
but when i run it everthing is blank. the menu at the top
allows be to change to english ok, then i select find usb
devices but this still shows nothing.

im sure it must be the usb cable is not connected correctly
but it looks ok.

just wondering if any1 else has had problems like this. mobo is
a asus a8n-sli deluxe ?

Re: new set up / aquaero problem :/

Montag, 14. August 2006, 13:00

it's hard to believe, but it could be a problem which is connected with your asus mainbaord. in the german aquaero forum, it is mentioned several times, that ,especially with asus mainboards, this problem takes place.

nevertheless, try an eeprom reset, it's a kind of all-cure

Montag, 14. August 2006, 15:51

i just tried eeprom reset, think i reset it. my english manual is out of date. does the message * factory test - no tester - restart * mean that eeprom was successful ?

Montag, 14. August 2006, 16:42

I have the same Make MB, but it is the Premium version. My MB BIOS is as I bought it, so not been updated and I can see the Aquaero ok.

Try these ideas:

1. Make sure the MB USB Controller is Enabled within the BIOS of your MB. Enter the BIOS of your MB on boot-up and check:

Advance/ Onboard Device Configuration/ USB Configuration:

USB Controller [Enabled]
USB 2.0 Controller [Enabled]
USB Legacy support [Enabled]

I have just checked on My MB and disabling these, renders the Aquaero undetectable from the Aquasuite software.

2. Sounds silly I know, but re-check that the USB wire connected between the MB and Aquaero is connected correctly. There are so many wires comming out of the Aquaero, it is very easy to make a mistake. Look at both manuals and double check the wire colours of the USB cable match the MB and Aquaero manuals. Be very careful like the manual says, as incorreclty connected cable can dammage either bit of hardware. Might be better to do this before number 1 is done!

3. Try another MB USB port, I have 6 to choose from on my MB. Be cafeful again that you do not connect it to the IEEE 1394 (Firewire) connection, they are very similar looking.

I am unsure how you have connected your set-up to run 2 pumps, can you explain here more pls. As I only have one pump I am unfamilliar with this concept. Hence, could this be your next focus. My single pump is controlled via the Aquaero connected via the aquastream cable. The Aquastream itself is not powered by a PSU molex connector.

SNIFFY

Montag, 14. August 2006, 18:23

usb controllers are enabled in bios. i have also tried it both the origal bios and updated version. the asus bios updater is ace all done in windows via the internet. no more dos to scare me off.

gonna have another look at the wiring just to double check.

as for connecting 2 pumps thats easy either buy a ready made 2 pump connecter from AC. or like me just pop into ya local maplin / electrical supplier and by another socket that just clips onto the aquastream cable. best way to discribe it is like a ide cable, that goes from the aquaero to the primary pump then onto the secondary pump. the connector only cost be a £1.00 from maplin.

Montag, 14. August 2006, 19:06

Cool, like the idea. Let me know if it is a wiring issue. Otherwise, I am really lost as how to help you.

Have you installed the correct MB drivers, and can you test the MB USB with anything else to help eliminate that side of the problem.

Maybe a new cable is needed, if you have a tubemeter, maybe try that cable.

Keep us all informed though.

SNIFFY

Montag, 14. August 2006, 20:54

hmmmm now im puzzled. i checked the wiring and everthing is in order. so i moved the the usb cable to another socket & restarted. up comes all the new found hardware bubbles at the bottom of the screen including "aqua hub found" & "aquaero 3.07", then i see the "new hardware ready to use"

but still nothing i have tried all the usb sockets now and always the same.

what is strange is that i bought the aquaero as a v3.07, but was told that mine was in fact a v4.00 as imprinted on the back of the board.

so y does it always show up as a 3.07 ??

Montag, 14. August 2006, 21:12

should the aquaero be visable in windows device manager. it dont on mine, not that i can see. ?

Dienstag, 15. August 2006, 02:49

Why not try under the Extras tab in the Aquasuite software the find USB device tab. I'm sure I did that at one stange and solved a problem of mine.

Dienstag, 15. August 2006, 10:20

unfortunatly " find usb device " is about the only thing showing up. so that was the first thing i did.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8613/…oproblemxj6.jpg

what is worrying is the after spending sometime reading the english and the german sections, is that this is quite a common fault with asus MB :( with as far as i can tell no fix insight. :'(

Dienstag, 15. August 2006, 14:46

Strange, why should my MB work ok and yours not. They cant be that different.

1. Are there any items not working in the devices section?
2. What CPU are you using?
3. Does anything else connected to the internal MB USB not work or work?
4. How new is your windows build?
5. What version of .NET do you have installed? look in add remove, think you need 2.0.
6. Have you installed the MB drivers from the CD correctly
7. Is windows updated?

I refuse to believe you cannot get it working.

SNIFFY

Dienstag, 15. August 2006, 21:03

im starting to get a bit pissed off with it now. i got the most expensive fan controller made atm.

1. Are there any items not working in the devices section?
nope everything is showing as ok, tho i am puzzled y the aquaero is not showing up. even tho it said it was installed and ready to use.
2. What CPU are you using?
fx-55
3. Does anything else connected to the internal MB USB not work or work?
i have nothing else connected to the internal usb sockets or the firewire. but imo if that was the fault with the usb socket windows would not have register aquaero ready to use.
4. How new is your windows build?
i installed windows XP pro SP2 on thursday just gone.  
5. What version of .NET do you have installed? look in add remove, think you need 2.0.
hmmm i was doing somethinking today at work about this. i had .NET v2.0 installed but the aquasuite would only install if i was using the older .NET v1.1. so at the moment i have both versions installed. its strange that AC are still using this older version as .NET v2.0 has been out for sometime now. im gonna uninstall both versions & aquasuite, then see with just v1.1 installed.
6. Have you installed the MB drivers from the CD correctly
yep
7. Is windows updated?
yep windows is fully updated

Mittwoch, 16. August 2006, 04:34

Don't get upset dude, we shall work it out. Your system sounds impressive and worth the effort to fix.

Ok been looking on the internet in general, did a search for A8N SLI Deluxe and USB problems. There does infact seem to be some issues with USB on the MB so maybe it's not the Aquasuite thats the problem here, so I think we need to get to the bottom of this.

I have read that the NVIDIA nForce4 drivers contain some USB2.0 driver, I understand SP2 has the required USB drivers but maybe these are needed too for some reason as I guess your MB like mine has Nvidia chipsets in it. Someone also says the NVIDIA IDE driver that comes with the driver caused them problems and in the install I think it does give you the option to install or not. I have installed them, and have not yet found a problem but please decide that for yourself.

Perhaps if you have not already try downlaoding the lates driver from Nivida and see if this works?

I have certainly updated my nForce4 drivers from the NVIDIA website and mine works, so could be worth a try.

Looking in my Devices I have found were my AC USB items are. Under Human Interface Devices I have lots of entries but 2 have the title USB Human Interface Device. Under further investigation 1 gives Location 0 (aquaero 4.00) driver is however Microsoft 5.1.2600.2825 the other is for my tubemeter 1.10 same location and MS driver.

I also have MS .NET 1.1, 1.1 hotfix and 2.0 framework installed

My aquasuite software is 4.39.2375.16734

Have you also installed the AMD processor driver, latest version is 1.3.2, that helped alot with my computer.

Keep trying

SNIFFY

Mittwoch, 16. August 2006, 04:43

Try this perhaps

Press Windows Button & Pause/Break to go to the System Properties (or right click on My Computer and choose Properties, but the other way is more fun.)
Choose Device Manager.

Expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers section
Right click and choose Properties of one that says something about PCI bridge (I forget the exact name and after you fix the problem, this item goes away. If you aren't sure, you try step 5 and 6 on all of the USB items in that list.)

Click on the Driver Tab (it's kinda slow loading).
If the driver information on top says "Not found" or "Not installed" then click Update Driver... and let it look for the driver itself (I didn't need the XP CD but that might be because I keep a copy of it on my hard drive just incase. You might need it, I don't know.)
After it finds the driver, click Okay and USB should start working immediately - no reboots needed!
Finally, back to the world of USB!

Just read this somewhere?

Mittwoch, 16. August 2006, 05:07

Try the following:

Start -> Run -> regedit

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\Vid_0c70&Pid_f0b0. It will contain a few subfolders. Just open the first one and on the right side you should see the local information which says aqaero 4.00. If so, click on the main folder (Vid_0c70&Pid_f0b0) and press delete.

On the same screen you should also see the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\Vid_0c70&Pid_f0b3. Look in the first subfolder again an it should say aquahub for the local information. If so, delete the main folder (Vid_0c70&Pid_f0b3) too.

After that, restart your system and hope the best. The deletion will force windows to configure the "new" device completly again instead of using already existent values.

Donnerstag, 17. August 2006, 20:57

sniffer,

i have tried unistalling framework 1.1 , 2.0 & aquasuite and reinstalled with just 1.1 but still nothing.

i have alll the lastest nvidia driver & i did install ide driver gonna uninstall & try without ide to see it that sorts it.

also i have looked under every item shown in device manager but there is nothing that relates to aquaero. but im still concerned that when i move the usb cable to another port, windows reports that aquaero v3.07 is installed & ready to use. im sure as this is supposed to be v4.0 that it would say that & not v3.07.

shoggy,

i cant see the folders that you mention in the usb folder
these are the only ones shown as listed

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\ROOT_HUB

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\ROOT_HUB20

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\Vid_046d&Pid_c01d

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\Vid_050d&Pid_0815

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\Vid_050d&Pid_0815&MI_00

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\Vid_050d&Pid_0815&MI_01

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\Vid_054c&Pid_01c8

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\Vid_0c70&Pid_0724

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\Vid_0c70&Pid_0725

i opened everything in that folder but nothing mentions aquaero

btw thanks so far in helping with this problem :)

Donnerstag, 17. August 2006, 21:06

What is inside Vid_0c70&Pid_0724 and Vid_0c70&Pid_0725?

Well, if you can't see them there it means your aquaero is not recognized by windows.

Freitag, 18. August 2006, 03:10

Hey dude, really wish I could help you out here but I'm running out of things to try. I know you mentioned something about being sold the the 3.07 version. As far as I can remember the manual I got with my Aquaero says Aquaero (TM) 3.07 firmware 3.10. Im pretty sure that that stamped on the circuit board is version 4 somewhere. However as mine is installed it's a hassle to look, but if you want I can look for you.

All I can suggest now is can you install the USB cables that allow you to connect another USB item onto the MB and test if you can get a response for that USB item. Are you able to do that.

Or maybe try the lower version Aquaero software on the AQ website? Install that instead.

Try searching the web for USB related items for your MB, I will keep having a look for you.

It's a shame I can't test your Aquaero to see if thats faulty, or pop round to see for myself, just incase I can help.

Keep trying, and keep us informed.

SNIFFY

Freitag, 18. August 2006, 03:24

Something that I have been meaning to ask, can you check in the BIOS that you have the Plug and Play enabled for the OS, a silly idea but just wondering if the IRQ's are not happy. Not even sure this will help.

Maybe try unplugging your aquearo, delete your USB devices, reboot the machine and hopefully it will reload the USB stuff and let it find them all. Plug in the Aquaero and see what happens.

Freitag, 18. August 2006, 03:34

Check out this website too, I'm slowly sifting through it

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/38623/?o=0