• 27.04.2024, 23:34
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Oxize

High End 240 Supply Kit, aquastream 12 V?

Donnerstag, 13. Juli 2006, 19:50

I wanna buy soon an "High End 240 Supply Kit, aquastream 12V" with an "Cuplex XT AM2" waterblock (come out in few weeks) and a tubemeter for my AMD 64 X2 4400+ AM2 processor (Asus M2N32-SLI mainboard).

High End 240 Supply Kit, aquastream 12V
- aquastream 3.0, 12 V incl. plug&cool connector set
- tube 3m, plug&cool PUR-tube transparent
- water reservoir
- aquatube blue with plug&cool-connectors
- fan 2 pieces Papst 4412 F/2GL
- mounting plate airplex evo 240 and aquatube
- supplies ACFluid, thermal compound, allen key set, case-badge

But i am still messing around with some questions. As follow:

1.) The tubing what comes with this set, is 10mm? True?
2.) How can i control my watercoolingset like fan-speeds, water-temparature. What parts i need for that?
3.) Can i control fan-speeds and water-temperature without aquaero? (This because i have already an L.I.S.2 Lcd Indicator).
4.) Can the tubemeter work without aquaero?
5.) The above stated watercooling set is good enough to cool my AMD X2 4400+ AM2 Processor?
6.) Fittings (CPU, Radiator, Pump, Reservoir?) are all delivered in this set? Not mentioning the Tubemeter.
7.) What are G 1/4 and G 3/8. Dont understand that?

I hope you can anser my questions :)

Its hard for me to read the specification from the parts in german and some are in english again.

Ich bin ein Tukker :)

Re: High End 240 Supply Kit, aquastream 12 V

Donnerstag, 13. Juli 2006, 20:30

Okay I'll try and answer one or two -

1. No, it'll be 8/6 tubing supplied - 8mm OD 6mm ID.

2. You can control your fans however you like - Aquaero, fan controller/rheobus etc...

You can't really control your water temperature without an Aquaero or similar, and these will only ramp the fans according to the temperature it receives from a temp sensor (which you'd also need to order) - there are no guarantees over temps.

3. Sure, but you'll have to be careful where you position any external temp sensors you're using. I don't know if you could use the P&C type sensor with the LIS2?

4. Pass - dunno ???

5. With the right CPU block and setup, yes.

6. The rad, res and pump with this kit all come with P&C fittings. You'll have to order a CPU block with fittings - they won't be supplied.

7. G 1/4 and 3/8 are the thread sizes for the rad ports, and Aquastream outlet where the fittings screw in - 1/4" and 3/8" BSPP respectively. All the blocks, Aquadrive, Aquatube etc... use G1/8 (1/8" BSPP) fittings.

Hope this helps.

Donnerstag, 13. Juli 2006, 20:52

4) the tubemeter will work fine without the aquaero. :)
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

Oxize

Re:  High End 240 Supply Kit, aquastream 12 V

Donnerstag, 13. Juli 2006, 21:42

Zitat von »Infiltraitor«

5. With the right CPU block and setup, yes.
Hope this helps.

Okay but you arent sure about the heat using the High End 240 Supply Kit, aquastream 12 V Set? Someone can answer this? Its bad to see when you buy this set, and after installed it dont cool enough. Thats why i ask first ;D

Zitat von »Infiltraitor«

7. G 1/4 and 3/8 are the thread sizes for the rad ports, and Aquastream outlet where the fittings screw in - 1/4" and 3/8" BSPP respectively. All the blocks, Aquadrive, Aquatube etc... use G1/8 (1/8" BSPP) fittings.

Okay i understand. But what millimeter uses G 1/4 and G 3/8? It has something to do with the ID and OD from the tube :)

Explain please

JaR

Donnerstag, 13. Juli 2006, 21:50

If you only want to cool down the CPU with that, your temps will be pretty low.
badger badger badger ...

Donnerstag, 13. Juli 2006, 23:51

Zitat von »Oxize«

Okay but you arent sure about the heat using the High End 240 Supply Kit, aquastream 12 V Set? Someone can answer this? Its bad to see when you buy this set, and after installed it dont cool enough. Thats why i ask first ;D

Your CPU has apparently got a thermal power of just 89W linky, which is a fraction more than my old P4 3.4 Northy (at stock) that I was running overclocked under an Evo with a Twinplex, Aquagratix and Aquadrive through an Aquastream and Evo 240 rad.

Zitat von »Oxize«

But what millimeter uses G 1/4 and G 3/8? It has something to do with the ID and OD from the tube :)

Explain please

Nope, it's nothing to do with the size of the tubing. AC will have matched the ports, fittings, etc... for you, and therefore sell all these matched parts as a kit.

In case you're worried - the G1/8 fitting (the smallest in the kit) has an ID of a fraction under ø6mm, so will suit the tubing just fine.

Oxize

Freitag, 14. Juli 2006, 00:05

So it will be a little overkill :)

Temperature will be around 30-35 Degrees?  ;D

Everthing goes in an Lian Li V1200 (E-Atx) Case :)

JaR

Freitag, 14. Juli 2006, 00:45

Zitat von »Oxize«

Temperature will be around 30-35 Degrees? ;D

Depends on your room temperature and the fan speed.
badger badger badger ...

Oxize

Freitag, 14. Juli 2006, 17:47

If i want to put a temperature sensor into the Aqua Tube, do i need extra fittings for that or do i get those fittings with the Aquaero?

Freitag, 14. Juli 2006, 18:27

you will need extra fittings (G1/8, straight)
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

Oxize

Montag, 17. Juli 2006, 20:43

I was looking at the Illumination Leds, but i cant understand what they say at the specifications? Can someone translate it?

Zitat

Multi-Color Illumination module BLUE/RED
Zweifarb-Beleuchtungsmodul zum Anschluß an den LED-Ausgang des aquaeros. Das Beleuchtungsmodul besteht aus zwei ultrahellen LEDs in den Farben blau und rot. Plexiglasdrehteile zur Montage im aquatube müssen ggf. getrennt bestellt werden (nicht im Lieferumfang).

And here you also need 1/8" Straight fittings for Aqautube?

p.s.: Its a little bit anoyying when some parts are in English and some dont. Langauge barrriers, argh ;D :-X

Montag, 17. Juli 2006, 20:48

Zitat von »Oxize«

And here you also need 1/8" Straight fittings for Aqautube?

no, you'll need these:
"Illumination-insert G1/8' incl. gasket" no. 34917
link to shop

Oxize

Montag, 17. Juli 2006, 23:21

Woot, thanks. Now i have to wait for the AM2 mounting for Cuplex XT. Some dude here on the forum mailed support. They said it will take 1 a 2 weeks. Any news about it?

JaR

Dienstag, 18. Juli 2006, 02:51

You can already order the mountings themselves.
badger badger badger ...

Dienstag, 18. Juli 2006, 02:54

I think shoggy will translate and post the announcement here, as soon as it is available in the German part of the forum (as he always does)
:)

Oxize

Dienstag, 18. Juli 2006, 21:12

Zitat von »JaR«

You can already order the mountings themselves.

Hmmm i though there were making also an full Cuplex XT block for AM2? Can someone from AC confirm that?

(thats what i heard from a dude here on the forum)

Edit: This topic: http://forum.aqua-computer.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=31363

DerSchink_MK2 said in that topic "Am 04.07.06 hatte der Support auf meine Mail geantwortet "... es wird eine Halterung dafür geben, allerdings wird dies noch mindestens zwei bis drei Wochen dauern. ..."

Am 11.07.04 heißt es dann 7 bis 10 Tage...

Mit etwas Glück sollte das Ding also demnächst Verfügbar sein!"

Is he meaning the new am2 cuplex xt block or the holders what Jar said!?! Enlighten me please :D

Dienstag, 18. Juli 2006, 23:48

Sure you'll be able to order a Cuplex XT with AM2 mountings either now or very soon.

If you already own an XT, you'll be wasting your money though :P

All AC blocks are modular, with interchangeable mounting options; by purchasing the AM2 mounting kit you'll be able to turn an existing XT into exactly the same as you'd get by buying the AM2 version.

Oxize

Dienstag, 18. Juli 2006, 23:53

Ah okay. The mounting for AM2 is still in production, but already orderable from the shop.

I have no Cuplex XT yet, so i go for the full block with AM2 mounting. Just have to wait few days/week.

Oxize

Mittwoch, 26. Juli 2006, 16:08

Will the cuplex XT silver .925 mounting A64 Socket AM2 cool better then the normal cuplex XT mounting A64 Socket AM2.

I know silver absorb more heat then copper.

Mittwoch, 26. Juli 2006, 16:23

it will, but the difference is not measurable (or maybe 1°).
the silver coolers were made for Aquacomputer-fanatics or for people who want the *bling-bling* in their case ;)