• 28.05.2024, 11:59
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

daherik

aquastream with 4 waterblocks

Dienstag, 26. Dezember 2006, 20:09

Hi,

I am considering to order the aquastream pump and use it with my system.
It will have the following components:
AC watertank
Thermochill PA 3.120 radiator
CPU block
GPU block
NB block
Dual AC HDD block

Do you guys think the aquastream pump will be sufficent for this system? Is there a special kind of blocs i should get? High-flow blocks or tight-blocks?

Thanks for your replys!

Re: aquastream with 4 waterblocks

Dienstag, 26. Dezember 2006, 20:22

It should be fine.

My Aquastream is pumping through 2x VR blocks, 1x CPU, 1x GPU, 2x chipset blocks and a single Aquadrive.

There's suggestions that running an impingement-jet style block such as the Cuplex XT in a multi-block loop might result in marginally lower performance from the other blocks, but not by much.

Mittwoch, 27. Dezember 2006, 10:43

Yes, it'll work fine.

You may not use what ever you want.
But when you take the CPU block, the GPU block and the NB block as XT, you'll have a lower flowing. Which is actually no problem at all.
Suche Bücher von Tanenbaum und Galileo (auch Video-Training) - bitte KM! [img] http://www.aqua-computer-berlin.de/logo.png [/img]

daherik

Mittwoch, 27. Dezember 2006, 12:42

Thanks to both for quick replys!

So, do you guys recommend me to buy the XT blocks or to stay away from them?

Zitat von »Katzenfreund«

You may not use what ever you want.

What exactly do you mean by this?

daherik

Dienstag, 9. Januar 2007, 15:31

Zitat von »Infiltraitor«

It should be fine.

My Aquastream is pumping through 2x VR blocks, 1x CPU, 1x GPU, 2x chipset blocks and a single Aquadrive.

There's suggestions that running an impingement-jet style block such as the Cuplex XT in a multi-block loop might result in marginally lower performance from the other blocks, but not by much.

Hello again! What kind of blocks do you use for your system? And what is your flow rate?

I have just ordered the MIPS motherboard coolers for my abit aw9d max board. So i guess my loop will be:
cpu, gpu, nb, sb, 2x vr, dual hdd cage.
Hopefully this will run fine, but i will just have to wait and see. What i am looking for now is a 775-cpu block and a 8800gtx gpu fullcover block that will work good with this system. Got any suggestions? Will the AC 8800gtx block restrict flow by much? Maybe the EK 8800gtx block is better? And for cpu, do you think i should go for the ac cuplex pro, or is there a better alternative?

I've also heard rumours that you can get a better flow and performence by designing a parallell loop with manifolds. Is this true or should i just do a series?

Thanks for your answers and time?

Oh btw, when is the AC 8800gtx scheduled to arrive?

Dienstag, 9. Januar 2007, 18:27

Zitat von »daherik«

Hello again! What kind of blocks do you use for your system? And what is your flow rate?

I'm running an Asus A8N-32, so two of that type of VR blocks, my Cuplex Evo, two AMD chipset type twinplexes (standard not XT/Pro), an AquagraFX 7800, then a single Aquadrive.

Temps are fine and my rig is stable, I haven't got my AC flow meter in ATM, because I haven't got around to either;

a) Modding it (drill the inlet out to 6mm and reverse the direction of flow; inlet -> outlet, and vice versa).

or

b) Devising a circuit to be able to use a SF800 with an Aquaero.

The reason I stick with the Evo is that it's the first AC block I ever saw and what got me into W/C in the first place.

Zitat

Got any suggestions? Will the AC 8800gtx block restrict flow by much? Maybe the EK 8800gtx block is better? And for cpu, do you think i should go for the ac cuplex pro, or is there a better alternative?

I'm probably not the best one to ask for that. Check out some of the systems on here, WizD Forums and Bit-tech - there are quite a few AC based setups around, so you can see what people are currently doing. I know the 8800GTX can pump out a load of heat, so I'd be inclined to choose less restrictive CPU and chipset blocks to run in a loop with it.

Maybe one of the others can comment on that for you?

The AC8800GTX block should be fine - especially with the newer core. I don't think I'd mix an EK block in there with AC gear; IIRC EK blocks probably work better with higher flowrates.

Zitat

I've also heard rumours that you can get a better flow and performence by designing a parallell loop with manifolds. Is this true or should i just do a series?

Trying to balance a parallel loop is a PITA and not worth the effort. Water will always favour the path of least resistance and you'll end up with flow restrictors trying to even it up so that all your blocks are getting sufficient flow. A series loop will work just fine - the water doesn't even heat up sufficiently for the order of blocks to make a difference.

Zitat

Thanks for your answers and time?

Oh btw, when is the AC 8800gtx scheduled to arrive?

NP, and I haven't got a clue about the 8800GTX - perhaps one of the AC guys could answer that for you.

drbo

Donnerstag, 18. Januar 2007, 09:57

Infiltraitor:
I am curious about your suggestion of modding the flowmeter;
  • I understand the increase of ID, but why stop at 6mm?
  • And what I don't understand is your suggestion of revering the flow ... why?

Daherik:
The video from AC shows (after 5min) a flow in their showcase of 33l/hour, and the AC website claims this about flow (products>pumps):

"In a normal cooling system, even a powerfull Eheim 1250 only achieves a rate of flow of approximately 50 l/h. The smaller pumps offered reach approximately 30-40 l/h. We recommend the use of the small Eheim 1046 or the aquastream-pump. Larger pumps are only of advantage, if the hose length of the system is very long (>5m). Larger pumps also have the disadvantage of a bigger heat contribution into the system (power loss)."

As I am curious about the matter myself, it would be interesting to learn about the flows in other systems, especially from you guys with a long experience in WC.
WS: W10 | Asus Rog Strix X299 | i7-7820X | Asus Rog Strix 1080Ti | Dominator 32GB | Corsair 860AXi | 512GB Samsung EVO 970 |WC: EK-Waterblocks | AC- Monitor and Control | 3x EK-CoolStream PE 480 | LD PC-V8
Gamer:W10 | Asus R4E | i7 3930K | 3x Asus HD 7970 CF | Dominator 16GB| Corsair 1200AXi | 2x120GB I520 Raid0 | WC: EK-Waterblocks | AC- Monitor and Control | 4x Airplex PRO 360 | MM Extended Ascension