• 26.05.2024, 02:29
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

fox3

Aquaero fan channel?

Mittwoch, 7. Januar 2009, 18:28

I have Scythe S-Flex F fans rated @ 0.2A. I am using 2 loops with 120.4 rad's.

I want to put 4 fans total per channel this would total 9.6W. It should work as it is under the 10W MAX, but is it too close considering startup transient spike?

I have asked this here and at other forums but have gotten no replies, problem is I am putting these loops together very soon and now am looking for answer.

Any help? Thanx

heed

Donnerstag, 8. Januar 2009, 14:23

I agree with everything you said, and so I think it would be a problem if you are running them all when the computer comes on. But then you wouldn't be using the aquareo, right? I don't think I've ever had a situation where all my fans came at the exact same time. So, as long as that doesn't happen, I think you'd be okay. Afterall, you're in spec.

But, I wouldn't connect them all until you've got some of the software set up so that they won't come on all at the same time. Just my opinion.

I assume you're using all the fan channels (using the others for something you didn't say?). If not, you could put two on each and then just program them the same, right?

Donnerstag, 8. Januar 2009, 19:57

I think the systemstart is a problem because the fans will draw more power for a short moment. Also depending on the selected speed you might get some trouble.

It should work but the big question is for how long?! With every start or just over time the voltage regulator gets more damaged and one day it is death...

All in all I would not recommend to use it.

fox3

Donnerstag, 8. Januar 2009, 20:27

Thanx for the replies. I thought it was too close to work, I will split the fans to (2) per channel. I was going to add a 3rd loop and needed the 4th fan channel, gonna have to find a solution for that now.

I am considering setting up a testbench to monitor initial startup amperage on these 4 fans just to see what the startup amperage is. I read a post http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/show…52&postcount=23 that suggests that SF-F fans has a circuit to limit transient spike on startup.

Donnerstag, 8. Januar 2009, 21:12

Would it be no option for you, to set 1 or 2 Fans directly to 5V
and let only 2 (3) Fans be controlled ?

Normally you don't need that many individually controlled Fans.
P4/3Ghz@WaküEigenbau; AmdAthlonXP1700+@cuplex; Q6600@wakü cuplex;i7-5820k@wakü cuplex;I7-10700k@wakü cuplex
4870 @Wakü-selbstbau; R9-290@wakü aquacomputer; Zotac 980TI@WaküZotac; RTX2080FE@WaküAquacomputer; RTX3070TI@WaküBykski

heed

Freitag, 9. Januar 2009, 04:27

Or maybe you could put them all on the same channel with a FanAmp?

Freitag, 9. Januar 2009, 10:55

Aquaero + FanAmp = problems

Don't ask me why but I have read it from time to time in other forums.

Reezar

Freitag, 9. Januar 2009, 12:04

OK call me arrogant if you want to, but hasn't the Aquaero been developed with a
standard security marge (basic engineering principle) of 1.2? This would mean that
if it's specified to 10W per channel and combined 30W, the peak load should be 12W
respectively 36W. Ok this doesn't mean that every fan/fan group fits in its own Spec
and kills more energy than described, but I'd say this could POSSIBLY work. Although
i have to mention, that i had connected 3 Aerocool 120 turbine fans on one signal
channel of my aquaero and the system startup ended in.... let's say it worked, only
the two aquastreams needed some time to start up, so i dplit them up again (you don't)
want do deliberately kill your equipment)
Die letzten Worte eines Pragmatikers: War ja klar.....