• 27.05.2024, 15:23
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

PC boot failure after WC installation

Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2007, 18:49

Hi,

I've recently installed some WC-products from AC in my computer.
I'm quite sure everything went smoothly and errorfree, and I managed to fill the system perfectly. The green led on my pump controller (it says Mist, but it's a AC Aquastream controller). Revision is: Firmware 1.31.

On to the problem then.
My PC gives me black screen on boot. No POST, no boot beeps from the speaker/MB. I've disconnected the DVD writer, I've tried with only one HD (the DVD-ROM was able to open when all disks were connected, so it shouldn't be the PSU?).
I tried to clear the CMOS last night with the jumper in place for 8+ hours on my Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI MB.

What I haven't tried is to mount everything outside the cabinet (I don't like that idea at all), and I've not removed the BIOS battery. I read on this forum that someone had problems with boot when AS-controller was plugged in (pump running on boot), but I haven't disabled the pump on boot either. Sounds too scary.

Any ideas is appreciated!
Thanks.

Re: PC boot failure after WC installation

Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2007, 18:55

Welcome to the forum :)

Have you tried to connect the CPU-fan again? Maybe the mainboard thinks the fan doesn't work and stops the system to prevent any damage.

If so, you have to deactivate the fan monitoring.

Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2007, 18:59

Thanks. :-)

Yes, I've tried both the RPM signal cable from the AS-controller and the CPU cooler fan, and the radiator fan. None works. And I even tried SYSFAN and PWRFAN together with CPUFAN, but to no luck.

Donnerstag, 1. März 2007, 10:45

Problem solved. The pump had to be removed from the case for some reason. Thanks anyway Shoggy, I appreciate it. :-)