• 23.05.2024, 20:17
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

smoothy

Help with 4870x2 cooler

Donnerstag, 2. April 2009, 22:57

Hello,

I have bought the Radeon 4870 X2, thus i also bought AC's cooler for it. I followed the modmymachine guide on youtube when installing it. Basically the card has warped and bent. Im sure i didnt over tighten the screws, and i have removed the cooler and re-fitted it several times. i think it is due to the length of the card, and the fact so much is unsupported. is there anything i can do?

I have attempted to upload a picture to show the extent of the bending.

thanks for any help.
»smoothy« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • IMG_01731.jpg

Freitag, 3. April 2009, 01:49

You can add some supports in (DIY or there might be a commercial source). This is a common problem and even the stock cards often droop. I assume you tightened up the screws like you would a cylinder head right?

smoothy

Sonntag, 5. April 2009, 14:53

well i tried to as best i could. i tightened opposite screws, and loaded them all equally, 3 turns i think i did, i just kept working round and round until i struggled to tighten without any force. if that makes sense :S

as the cooler from AC doesnt use all of the holes as the stock cooler did, theres a spare one at the rear. i have some m3 rod lying around so i may make a strut and support it from my optical drive tray.