• 11.06.2024, 07:15
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

MrToad

Aquastream XT USB, connect to Aquabus on Multiswitch or on Aquaero?

Montag, 29. Juni 2009, 19:00

Righty, so I have 2 x Aquastream XT USB, and I'm wondering if it matters whether I connect them to the Aquabus in the Multiswitch instead of the one in the Aquaero (both are connected through USB as well) for firmware flash purposes etc. etc.

Reason being, both pumps are just 15 cm away from the Multiswitch but about 1 M away from the Aquero (routing the cable properly). Being the Aquabus a I2C bus, and the cables unshielded, 1M runs might be a bit too much...

Also, do I need to connect the Multiswitch to the Aquaero via Aquabus? Or USB alone is enough? I'm sorry, I'm a little confused :S

Summarizing, considering each device is also connected to the MB via USB, the most convenient way for me to link the whole circus together via Aquabus is:

Is this feasible? Or I got the whole thing wrong?

Mittwoch, 1. Juli 2009, 23:42

You can use the aquabus like in the picture above but it is highly recommend to connect everything via USB. Especially the multiswitch will only act as a simple on/off switch if you connect it to the aquaero. Only with USB you will be able to control the channels in several steps, using scripts and so on.

Also the aquastream XT will offer much more controlling and monitoring features when connected to USB. The aquabus connection allows only a few basic functions.

MrToad

Donnerstag, 2. Juli 2009, 20:44

You can use the aquabus like in the picture above but it is highly recommend to connect everything via USB. Especially the multiswitch will only act as a simple on/off switch if you connect it to the aquaero. Only with USB you will be able to control the channels in several steps, using scripts and so on.

Also the aquastream XT will offer much more controlling and monitoring features when connected to USB. The aquabus connection allows only a few basic functions.

Thanks a lot for the reply :)

All devices WILL be connected via USB too. I have a 7 port USB hub inside the computer case just to connect all the trinkets. II just want the Aquabus to flash the pumps and things like that (I believe you NEED either Aquabus or a native LPT port in order to flash the Aquastream XT...)

I just wanted to make sure that the Aquabus behaves like a "normal" (if there's such thing) I2C bus, which means you can "chain" devices.

EDIT: You can connect the devices via USB AND Aquabus simultaneously right?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »MrToad« (2. Juli 2009, 20:48)