• 26.04.2024, 16:57
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquastream hardware mods

Samstag, 29. August 2009, 07:47

I decided to open up the new Aquastream pump that has the controller board integral to the pump as seen below.

I had heard a lot of chatter, when this first came out, of their being a discrepancy between what the internal water temp sensor reported and what those who had a real water temp sensor reported. See the two pins that are sticking out? That sensor connector goes to a standard NTC sensor that Aquacomputer glued to the bottom of the channel that extends toward the front of the pump body. So essentially it is measuring the temp of the pump body near the water, correct?

So what I am thinking here is to either attempt bending it straight up or unsoldering it and resoldering in a straight connector. Have to cut a hole in the pump housing cover and then I can use both temp connectors to measure both sides of the loop.

Anyone see in foreseeable problems here (beside warranty issues) in the hardware mod or its association with the Aquasuite software?

Samstag, 29. August 2009, 10:04

Figured out that I could detach the original sensor and stuff it down the hole. Then I just attached my water sensor and put the yellow cap back on.

Still need to know if this will cause any problems in the Aquasuite or the circuit board protocols.

Samstag, 29. August 2009, 23:51

You can connect any 10kOhm NTC to the connector without any problems.

Dienstag, 1. September 2009, 10:28

You can connect any 10kOhm NTC to the connector without any problems.

Thanks Shoggy...

I gather than no matter what I hook up to that probe connector it will always show up on the Aquasuite as the internal water temp correct?

Dienstag, 1. September 2009, 17:25

Right.

Snyxxx

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 15:32

Nice information.