• 26.04.2024, 07:47
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero with 2 wire flow meter?

Dienstag, 8. September 2009, 12:13

I am looking to interface a 2 wire flow meter to an Aquaero. My 2 wire flow meter has a + 5 volt input and a RPM sensor wire just like the Aquaero header except it doesn't have a 3rd ground wire. Will the Aquaero sense the pulse without the ground?

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 11:35

That will not work, all three pins must be connected.

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 12:05

Have you tried a two wire interface?

Snyxxx

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 15:29

I got this to work with a 2-wire Koolance FM-17.

Please see this thread for details.

http://www.realredraider.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8581

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 23:01

Thanks! That was exactly the info I was looking for. From the pic on the other site I saw that you attached one to the Aquaero ground lead and one to the RPM lead correct? Do you know why the Aquaero has a + 5 volt on pin 2? The reason I'm asking is that the Koolance flow meter you used has a + 5 volt lead and a RPM lead.

Snyxxx

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 23:13

To be honest, I simply left the 3-pin fan connector that came with the FM-17 alone and figured it was meant to work like that. I did not know which wire from the flowmeter went to which wire in the plug either and guessed 50/50 chance. It worked and left it alone.

I then later determined that it was only sending impulses and figured it did not really matter in the end. The amplifier board that comes with the FM-17 multiplies the impulses by 10. The impulse value of 197 is correct for this flowmeter with the Aquaero.

More discussion on the wiring here:

http://www.realredraider.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5821

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Snyxxx« (10. September 2009, 23:18)

Samstag, 12. September 2009, 12:37

What exactly does the 5+ volt do on a AC flowmeter? From a post above it appears to work correctly with a Koolance 2 wire flowmeter by using the ground and RPM connections.