• 26.04.2024, 15:07
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquasuite negitive feedback

Freitag, 2. Oktober 2009, 18:19

I have been using the Aquaero and its PC Software Aquasuite for over a month now, and have played with it extensively.

The gripe I have with the software is that it seems very dated, and seems there are very little support on updating it with newer functionalities.

There are no Delta T between 2 temp sensors, the fan mode "Adjust to temperature" seems to behave very wildly, overshooting it's target temperature over and over again, making a sine wave on the fan speeds, unless I set a large hysteresis, which kind of defeats the point of a target value in the first place.

Some features I'd like to see added to the Aquasuite software:

DeltaT Values between temp sensors, and the ability to adjust fan speeds based on it.

True smooth negitive feedback of fan control based on sensor temperature.

The fan controller continue to adjust in attempt to reach target temperature, even while within hysteresis value. I often see the fan speed still decreases when the temperature is above target (while staying in hysteresis), only to have the rpm shoot up when the temp is over hysteresis value by 0.1 degree. What's up with that? Adding the ability to adjust hysteresis and controller factor based on Delta between target temp and water temp would be amazing.

If I wasn't so invested in the whole Aquaero range of controllers I would have migrated to the newer breeds out there, with much more modern features.

So is there current plans to continue support on the Aquasuite software? or has this project been abandoned and something new is on the horizon?

Snyxxx

Samstag, 3. Oktober 2009, 04:28

Which more modern options are there? I have tried mcubed and Koolance controllers and they are inferior software wise.

arnoldanderio12

unregistriert

Dienstag, 24. April 2012, 14:25

You need to installed an earlier version of Aquasuite (v 4.72.00).
Shut-off PC. Connect one PA2 to PC (internal USB and Molex power only,
no devices). Boot, and on the third tab of 4.72 you need to give each
PA2 a different number (i.e. 50, 51, ... , 56). As I said an address
problem. You have to repeat for each PA2; i.e. shutdown, connect PA2
via USB, boot, open 4.72, etc. Once you do, you can then set them up
(daisy via AquaBus) with the lowest address number (i.e. 50) linked to
A5. I.E. A5 –> PA2 (50) –> PA2 (51), etc.

Oh, and make
sure that the PA2 has the latest Firmware, 1003. Both the ones I have
already did. If not, you can flash them with 4.72.

Once you get that done, you can shutdown, connect A5 to PC (internal USB), and install Aquasuite 2012.

Credits to: Damien from Alberta

Mittwoch, 25. April 2012, 09:52

You need to installed an earlier version of Aquasuite (v 4.72.00).
Shut-off PC. Connect one PA2 to PC (internal USB and Molex power only,
no devices). Boot, and on the third tab of 4.72 you need to give each
PA2 a different number (i.e. 50, 51, ... , 56). As I said an address
problem. You have to repeat for each PA2; i.e. shutdown, connect PA2
via USB, boot, open 4.72, etc. Once you do, you can then set them up
(daisy via AquaBus) with the lowest address number (i.e. 50) linked to
A5. I.E. A5 –> PA2 (50) –> PA2 (51), etc.

Oh, and make
sure that the PA2 has the latest Firmware, 1003. Both the ones I have
already did. If not, you can flash them with 4.72.

Once you get that done, you can shutdown, connect A5 to PC (internal USB), and install Aquasuite 2012.

Credits to: Damien from Alberta
@arnoldanderio12 did you reply to the wrong thread?

RE: Aquasuite negitive feedback

Mittwoch, 25. April 2012, 10:49

I have been using the Aquaero and its PC Software Aquasuite for over a month now, and have played with it extensively.

The gripe I have with the software is that it seems very dated, and seems there are very little support on updating it with newer functionalities.

There are no Delta T between 2 temp sensors, the fan mode "Adjust to temperature" seems to behave very wildly, overshooting it's target temperature over and over again, making a sine wave on the fan speeds, unless I set a large hysteresis, which kind of defeats the point of a target value in the first place.

Some features I'd like to see added to the Aquasuite software:

DeltaT Values between temp sensors, and the ability to adjust fan speeds based on it.

True smooth negitive feedback of fan control based on sensor temperature.

The fan controller continue to adjust in attempt to reach target temperature, even while within hysteresis value. I often see the fan speed still decreases when the temperature is above target (while staying in hysteresis), only to have the rpm shoot up when the temp is over hysteresis value by 0.1 degree. What's up with that? Adding the ability to adjust hysteresis and controller factor based on Delta between target temp and water temp would be amazing.

If I wasn't so invested in the whole Aquaero range of controllers I would have migrated to the newer breeds out there, with much more modern features.

So is there current plans to continue support on the Aquasuite software? or has this project been abandoned and something new is on the horizon?

I didnt have the problems you describe when I was using target temp. Are you sure your setting everything properly? I use the curve controllers now anyway as they work better for my system.

You can set Delta T between sensors using the virtual Temp sensors. What exactly did you want to do with the delta T? You can use them for sensor inputs to controllers or alarm states to trigger different profiles. There's so much you can do I cant imaging you coming up with anything that this system cant do! I did heaps of research and nothing comes close to what this control system can do.
I am Intel of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

i7 3930K @5Ghz - X79 ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - 4x SLI GTX580 - 16GB DDR3-2000 - 4x GTX 360 rads 24x CM fans - Aquaero 5 XT +6 PA2 Ultras - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Case - 2 x 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 - 3 x 24" Acer H243H LCD

Donnerstag, 10. Mai 2012, 15:18

Which aquaero do you own? If it is an aquaero 5 there is no problem to use a Detla T from two sensor and use the new value as an input for other controls in the aquaero. You can adjust this by using a so called virtual sensor.

If it is an aquaero 4 that will not work and there will be no updates for this. We have supported this device and its software with a massive development over the last seven years. The first version looked like that and offered almost no features: