• 27.04.2024, 05:08
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

bla2222

Problem with level/flow-sensor on Aquaduct 360.

Sonntag, 8. November 2009, 12:04

Hi!

I just registered on this forum as I've stumbled upon a problem with my Aquaduct 360 water-cooler. It began when my computer shut down automatically, and I noticed that the flow-sensor did not sence any flow at all. However, I noticed that there was indeed visible flow when viewed through the top plexi-glass. My CPU-cores don't overheat either, so I guess the pump and circulation works ok.

Then I also noticed that there was no level-mark in the "overview" tab in Aquasuite. There is, however, visible water to the top of the tube on the side of the unit. Now, I've tried to "set 100% reference" and "measure level", but that didn't solve anything.

What is wrong with my unit? Is it a faulty sensor, or is there some software-tricks I can do? Hopefully some of you will be able to help me. For now, I've turned off the "Shut Down Computer"-option, but that is a little risky.

Montag, 9. November 2009, 03:55

Welcome to the Aquacomputer forum :D

I have an Aquaduct 360 and AFAIK there are no tube meters in the unit. So you will not see anything on the Aquasuite for water level. There is a little ball on one of the sides that shows you have flow, but just looking through the top will verify if you have flow or not.

Did you make sure that your flow meter is enabled in the Aquaero? Do you have the English instructions for this unit? Do you have the latest firmware burned to your Aquaduct?

Do you have something in the BIOS that restarts your computer according to the last stage it was in? What OS are you using. I seem to recall that there is some kind of jumper setting either on the Aquaero or the circuit board that has something to do with this.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (9. November 2009, 06:53)

bla2222

Montag, 9. November 2009, 17:18

Hi, and thanks for the reply.

1) Up until now, there has been both a level-indicator and flow-indicator in the Aquasuite program (v. 4.51.00). There is a ball on the side of the unit, but it seems like this correspons to the water level, not the flow. I see flow as the water passes over the edge at the top of the unit when viewed through the plexiglass. Firmware is 4.12, Os: 2.03 LCD. Hardware Rev. 4.00. But the unit was working flawlessly with the above software.

2) I have not changed any settings on my unit for quite some time now. When you write 'Aquaero' I recon that it's the control unit with LCD display located at the top of the unit. Under Flow sensor I only have these options: Sensor name (Flowsensor), Alarm Level 1 (10,0 L/min), Display Unit (L/min), Calibration Factor (504imp/l)

3) No change in BIOS the last months. OS: Windows Vista 32 bit (had it since release). No hardware changes the last 1,5 years.

In summary, everything was working beautifully up until last day, when the flow warning set in and shut my computer down.

Dienstag, 10. November 2009, 03:38

How old is your Aquaduct 360? There is one possibility as the one I got had some decent sized metal chips in it. Perhaps your flow meter got stuck.

The setting for the Aquaero (LED display controller) you need to get to is on the "Page Display" IIRC. I think it also has all these settings through the Aquasuite as well.

Any problems in your System showing any exclamation points on USB or HID devices?

bla2222

Dienstag, 10. November 2009, 22:36

My Aquaduct is appr. 1,5 years old. Is there any way of getting to the flowmeter to check it out?

I tried to go into 'page display' under 'page parameters'. The Flow sensor was set to 'on', but I tried to turn it off and on again. No help in that. Also tried to measure the level again, but that wouldn't do either.

As of USB-errors, I don't see any. But I guess that it's not a USB problem as I get the same problem when operated through the Aquaero buttons located on the Aquaduct itself (i.e. bypassing all software/connections).

Mittwoch, 11. November 2009, 09:55

The fill level is calculated through the flow sensor. So if it does not work correctly you will also get a wrong or no fill level.

I'm pretty sure it is a mechanical problem. Maybe the impeller in the sensor is stuck because of a impurity in the water or there is a sediment which blocks it.

You can try to clean it. Connect only in- and output, use fresh water with a little bit of cleaning agent and let it run for some time with a high frequency. Afterwards you should flush it with clear water again to make sure that there is no cleaning agent left.

bla2222

Problem solved!

Mittwoch, 16. Dezember 2009, 01:41

Thanks for all replies! The other day I noticed that some games started stuttering, and the Aquasuite told me that the difference in "water in" and "water out" temp was appr. 10-15 degrees C. I also noticed that the Aquaduct had lost all waterflow when viewed through the plexiglass. So then I had no choice than to drain and dissect the Aquaduct today. I was a bit surprised of what I found:

After demounting the flowsensor, I saw that one of the holes leading into (or out of) the sensor was completely blocked by a hard crystal-like substance. The colour was blue as I have used some blue anti-corrosion liquid earlier, although some white where shining through. It was rock hard, and I had to use a small metal screwdriver to make it come loose. I can only think that this is some kind of salt sediment that happened to build up at that particular area. I tested the sensor itself by running som water through it, and it seemed open enough.

After assembly and filling it up with de-ionized water, I tested the rig, and now I get 36l/hour (set to 504 impulses/liter). I'm happy as a duck, this thing is now working properly again. Once again, thanks for all the help.

PS. To avoid this thing happening again, I probably should clean out the system once in a while. Allthough a sensor/algorithm that shows the total flow resistance in the system would make things a bit easier (if that is at all possible).