• 27.04.2024, 17:56
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero : this peripheral can't start. (Code 10) - USB issue ... with ASUS and EVGA MB!!!

Dienstag, 10. November 2009, 01:08

Hello,

I have a problem with my new Aquaero controller. Since 4 hours, it's not anymore possible to have a connection between the module and the motherboard. :S After a reboot of my system... it was not anymore possible to have a link. I tried all internal USB ports of my motherboard (Asus P7P55D Deluxe with latest bios and drivers), I tried to update the driver in the peripheral manager of Windows but nothing happened... I always get the '' ! '' in the computer magement....and the Aquasuite can't see the Aquaero...

What's up? ;( I tried other USB peripheral on internal USB ports without any problem! The moterboard works fine, no issue from this side. It seems that the problem comes from the Aquaero.... I tried to reset it, but nothing happened. I tried also different verisons of Aquasuite... but the problem comes from the connection between Mobo and Aquaero, it looks like a driver issue.

OS: Windows Vista 32, and Windows Seven 32.... I tried with both OS...

My aquaero:

Firmware 4.22
Hardware revision: 4.00
Serial: 11093

About my Aquaero configuration:

4x Noctua NF P12 connected on the Aquaero
4x Thermal sensor (delivered in the Aquaero box)
1x In Line thermal sensor from Aqua Computer
1x Flow Sensor High Flow from Aqua Computer
1x 24p ATX cable with relay option

Nothing very exotic... it's standard hardware connected on the Aquaero...

Is it a hardware failure of the Aquaero?? USB controller broken or something like this? (I didn't make any mistake when connecting the USB cable... I was aware of risks to reverse the connectors, the problem is not there I was very careful during connections....) I received it one week ago and it runs since 2 days only... all connections are correct, I checked it several times.... and it was working some hours ago! I had the connection, and I began to customize the cooling profile....

Can you please tell me what's wrong? Any idea? Is it a known issue? Is it a hardware failure?

Hope you'll be able to help me, because I don't know if people from Aquacomputer are talking English... the website is not really translated in English so....

Best regards. :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Scaniris« (1. Dezember 2009, 21:02)

Dienstag, 10. November 2009, 10:22

I found the solution this morning!

Let me tell you what's happening.

When restarting operating system or shutting down, if Aquasuite is still running, the software pops up a window with a countdown (15 seconds), asking for Saving or Discarding changes. IF I CLICK ON ''SAVE'' CHANGES... after reboot, NO MORE COMMUNICATION WITH AQUAERO MODULE!

And if I click on DISCARD changes, OS reboots and... communication between Soft and Controller is running fine :thumbsup:

I suppose there is a bug somewhere... so for more comfort, I checked the box ''don't ask me again'' in the pop up window of the aquaero I was talking about, choosinf Discard Changes as permanent choice in case of reboot of shut down.

Strange isn't it? But this works... And I wanted to share this workaround with you, maybe someone will have a technical explaination for that ^^

Best regards.

Dienstag, 10. November 2009, 12:40

Shoggy where art thou? We need some official help here

Is there anything being done to track down this issue. ;(

Dienstag, 10. November 2009, 13:27

Well it could be great for sure to fix this bug because I'm experiencing again the problem... :cursing: and I don't know why (after installation of a driver for a RME sound card...). :wacko:

My workaround was not solving the problem, just for a few moment but now... same story again.

Maybe for developpers it could be useful to know something about the configuration of my pc.

MB: Asus P7P55D Deluxe

CPU: Intel i5 750

Memory: Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600MHz

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows Vista Home Premium, both 32bit version

I don't think that the rest of the configuration may help for such an issue.

Mittwoch, 11. November 2009, 09:48

We know that "problem". It mainly occurs with ASUS mainboards and we still have no idea what is causing that problem. It is also very strange that (later) BIOS updates solved this problem on some boards.

The only useful solutions are to use an USB hub between board and aquaero (does not always work) or to get a PCI USB controller card which solves the problem almost every time.

You can try to test you aquaero on a different system and I'm pretty sure it will run without any problems.

Mittwoch, 11. November 2009, 14:44

First of all, thank you very much for your quick answer. 8)

The Asus P7P55D MB model is pretty new in the Asus MB range, and I already installed a new BIOS version supposed to fix some compatibility issues with USB devices (as explained in the BIOS version description). Badly not with the Aquaero. It will maybe happen in the future. Do you have same issues with EVGA motherboard? I forecast a MB upgrade with a EVGA Classified, so if theres no issue with EVGA... I don't need a USB PCIe controller.

Today I have free PCIe slots to plug a USB PCIe controlle, no problem for that, my question is: are there some know issues with some USB PCIe cards? It could be great to have the information before ordering the hardware workaround ;)

For the moment it works again but sometimes after a reboot connexion is lost. It depends (on something that I can't isolate.... ). Anyway I still have control of my cooling system from the controller itself, but it's really more comfortable to monitor and customize the system from the os.... I really appreciate the product and I'm happy with this investment. I also understand that some problems may happen, and finally with a reliable workaround I'm satisfied. ;)

Other problem seen yesterday: system don't resume ater hibernation of standby. Well... happened 1 time only. I'll investigate my settings.

Best regards. ;)

Mittwoch, 11. November 2009, 14:51

I can not remember any problems with EVGA but of course it can always happen. With the avilable hardware on the market there a billion of possible combinations and there are always a few that do not work like one would expect it ;)

Never ending story: same problem with my new motherboard.

Dienstag, 1. Dezember 2009, 21:08

Hello.

Today I received my new motherboad. I was expecting a good result with the Aquaero....

BUT NO! :cursing: ?( :(

I have exactly the same problem...

USB device : this peripheral can't start - code 10

Please find a solution, I'm sure I'll not be the only one with this problem. I also have the start mode issue... sometimes I have to start the Pc from the aquaero panel, sometimes from the power button and each time I select the same menu on the aquaero...

There's maybe a workaround, something else than a PCI USB card... because otherwise you have to bundle a PCIe USB card with your product.... :whistling:

Previous motherboard: Asus P7P55D Deluxe
Current motherboard: EVGA P55 FTW

Thanks.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Scaniris« (1. Dezember 2009, 21:50)

Mittwoch, 2. Dezember 2009, 06:38

I just deleted the Aquasuite out of my start up file after saving the items I wanted into the device firmware. When I want to change something I manually start the Aquasuite. It is obvious to me that there is an issue with the Aquasuite, but who knows whether it will get fixed or not as on again off again stuff drives software developers just plain crazy. ;(

Mittwoch, 2. Dezember 2009, 09:02

The aquasuite can't be the problem when even Windows itself does not detect the device.

@Scaniris: have you tested it on a different PC from a friend for example to make sure that it is working? Maybe you try and try and finally the aquaero is not OK.

Mittwoch, 2. Dezember 2009, 17:13

Hello Shoggy,

Well... as explained I changed my PC configuration to a new one. It's like testing by a friend isn't it? The common factor is the aquaero controller itself. It's probably not the pc, not the software, not the OS (Vista 32, Seven 32 and 64b).

So.... the problem is probably on the controller itself... what's strange is: sometime it's working, sometimes not. Randomly. Sometimes after a reboot, sometimes after a cold start... driver issue? With P55 I/O bridge? It's the standard Intel driver package for both motherboards...

USB controller of the Aquaero DOA >> not possible because sometimes it's working
USB controller of the Aquaero issue >> probably but because of what. That's the question

You know what, I placed an order some days before on your website for additional options for my aquaero system. I ordered that: http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2304 - 1 x USB 2.0 Controller, PCI, 2+2 Port (zwei interne Ports als Stiftleiste), product code # 52576 (order number 354679 24/11/2009). For the aquaero, but I was hoping that changing from Asus to EVGA may solve the problem. But no as you can see. So I'll unpack the USB PCI card, and test it this evening. The card is coming from Aquacomputer, if it doesn't work with the card, what do you suggest? I mean if it doesn't work with the USB PCI card, the controller is probably delivered with a bug or with hardware issues.

If it doesn't work with the USB PCI card... what do I have to do? Because without Aquaero... i have no monitoring for my watercooling and... burning my configuration is not an option. If I have to send the controller back to you... I have to spend more than a week without PC at home...

Hope the PCI card will fix the problem. But I'm not sure it will... 2 motherboards from different manufacturers but both with a very good reputation in term of stability et performance... hum.

Regards,
Cyril

PS: I don't allow the Aquaero suite to be launched at windows startup, I do it manually, because having a Aquaero logo on a black window without any monitoring information... it's not really nice and positive on windows startup.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Scaniris« (2. Dezember 2009, 17:14)

Sonntag, 6. Dezember 2009, 03:04

Hello,

Another customer has the same problem with another Asus motherboard.....
Windows 7 help please

Hum hum....

Just for your information, the PCI USB card I bought seems to be a good (but not free...) workaround, until now (installed yesterday) Aquaero starts after each reboot and I can use Aquasuite. But having this PCI card... I'm not happy with this. This is a hardware workaround and for a Aquaero ... it's not a cheap product so compatibility issue of the USB controller... it's hard to understand...and to accept :S

Is it maybe possible to know why we have this problem? Is it because of the USB controller embedded in the Aquaero, which is not ''standard'' and is not well working with some motherboards brands? Do I have to ask this question on the EVGA and Asus forum?

jikdoc

unregistriert

same problem asus

Donnerstag, 26. August 2010, 04:36

i have the same problem with the asus rampage 3 extreme motherboard. any progress on this issue? all my other devices work perfectly fine other than aquaero. very disappointing for an expensive product

Googaliser

unregistriert

RE: same problem asus

Donnerstag, 26. August 2010, 15:21

i have the same problem with the asus rampage 3 extreme motherboard. any progress on this issue? all my other devices work perfectly fine other than aquaero. very disappointing for an expensive product
Me too ! Asus rampage 3 also. Code 43 error and unknown device in windows device manager.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Googaliser« (5. September 2010, 16:20)

slotrod

Sonntag, 29. August 2010, 09:19

I just ordered mine last week for EVGA x58 LE hope it works wnen ordering in states the cost goes up with exchange !!!!!! :wacko:

Same here...

Freitag, 29. Oktober 2010, 02:23

ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Win7 x64: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

If there is no solution, I'll send my Aquaero (and all the associated accessories) back. This was way too expensive to deal with this...

upTill6

unregistriert

Samstag, 30. Oktober 2010, 08:10

no issues to report so far with my new aquaero vfd w/ power booster and evga classified 759. :love:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »upTill6« (30. Oktober 2010, 08:12)

lynix

Samstag, 18. Dezember 2010, 09:40

Well, same problem (code 43) here with an ASUS Rampage II Extreme, and after ten months of normal operation.

No BIOS changed, no hardware replaced. This is extremely strange...

Samstag, 8. Januar 2011, 16:43

Hello,

Same problem on:

Windows 7 x64
EVGA X58 Classified 3 Way SLI
intel i7 975
Corsair DOMINATOR GT DDR 3 PC 16000 12GB
EVGA GTX 480 SC X3
WD Velociraptor 300Go
WD Caviar Black 1000Go x3

The aquaero is pluged on i-rocks IR-4660 USB HUB. The HUB is pluged on the MOBO. The aquaeros is started on system powered on but I can't access by aquasuit. When I uninstall the USB component that show error(code 10), the aquaero 4.00 is automaticaly detected as uninstalled, but it automatically install the driver. I tried to indicate the path to install the good driver but it is impossible it says that is the best driver already installed. At the begining it was possible ton manage the aquaero by aquasuit but now it's impossible.

Sorry I'm french.

Thanks

lynix

Samstag, 8. Januar 2011, 19:55

I got it back working again by completely unplugging the device, rebooting and then plugging it back in on a different USB port on the motherboard.

@Azdimi: maybe this works for you, too! Bonne chance! ;)