• 28.04.2024, 07:32
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

No power to my PC when Aquaero 4 is connected.

Montag, 14. Juni 2010, 11:48

Hi, I have recently had a rebuild of my main PC. I purchased an Aquaero 4.0 from Specialtech in the UK a few months ago. I ran my Aquaero 4.0 for a couple of months quite happily, and was very impressed with it,s many features.
But after my rebuild I went to switch on my PC and nothing. No power to anything. So after testing many potential problems. I noticed that unplugging the Aquaero from the PSU made everything else function correctly.
So somehow the Aquaero must be shorting out somewhere.
I checked the obvious, to make sure the power connecter was the right way around. And it's physically impossible to connect it wrongly.
I have retried several times to boot up with the Aquaero plugged in, and nothing from the whole machine, then I by disconnecting the power supply from the Aquaero, after waiting for a while My PC will boot up without problem.
I am using the 4 pin main power supply, into a Jeantech 1000W absolute PSU. I just have no idea why this may be occuring as I am an experienced PC builder, and am always extremely careful, when it comes to connecting cables to the correct pins.
Do you have any ideas as to what may be causing this situation?

Thank you Anthony Webb.

Montag, 14. Juni 2010, 16:23

Did you change any of the jumpers during installation of the AE?
Or did you use the relais in this build and forget to set the jumper?
:rolleyes:

Montag, 14. Juni 2010, 16:42

Thanks for the reply, No, it was an almost identical instilation. Just a few of the temp. sensors were put into different slots so nothing on the power side is any different. It's just such a strange issue.

I'm normaly more than capable of sorting these issues out, but I'm stuck with this one.

I never touched the jumper either, and even double checked that it's in the stock position.

It's also not sharing a rail from my PSU, so it can't possibly be a low wattage issue.

So Iv'e taken the AE out, had a good look, and nothing seems untoward.

I'm not running my pump from it luckily, but my rad fans are so Iv'e had to reroot a few things. I'm running and sensing 9 fans in total so that wasn't a problem.

I just don't want to have to send it back for an analysis unless absolutely the last option.

Thanks again Anthony.

Problem solved!

Mittwoch, 16. Juni 2010, 18:32

I now feel a little bit of a fool, as I realised that I had installed the USB lead the wrong way round on my motherboard.

So if anyone is as stupid as Iv'e been, there it is. lol :thumbsup: