• 07.05.2024, 02:09
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero - blinking display, why??

Dienstag, 17. August 2010, 22:02

Hi,

I’ve Auqaero with PowerBooster feature and VF display. After a few days of usage, I’ve spotted that display on device is blinking sometimes when one of Fan pages (that with RPM) is visible.

I figured, that this situation occurs only if conditions below has been met:
1.Fan power value is between 90 and 94% (on any of fan control modes)
2.Display is dimmed or brightness is below 68%.
3.Device shows fan status page (that with RPM)

This exists on every fan channel, no matter if something is connected or not. Also USB connection seems to be not important. Alarms are off. Resetting to default values doesn’t help. Software and firmware are recent.

Can anybody tell me how to turn off that blinking effect? It’s very annoying, especially in dark room. What’s more, it brings completely nothing to overall fan status (since alarms thresholds are not exceeded).
Maybe my device is broken? Or maybe this is firmware bug?

Below is link to YouTube that shows described problem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUL7neqm2_k

Mittwoch, 18. August 2010, 09:54

It is very likely that the display is broken.

I recommend to send an an e-mail to info at aqua-computer.de with your full address and a copy of your invoice so we can send you a new display. The display is only plugged in so you can exchange it yourself easily after removing the front cover.

Donnerstag, 19. August 2010, 23:34

Well... first of all, I want to thank for reply.

Today I borrowed from my friend brand new Aquero with intent to check. And guess what - here also exists blinking issue. So probably this mean, that my device, especially display is OK - at least in theory.

To check new Aquaero:
1. I plugged in PSU
2. In display menu to simulate dim effect, I set brightness to value less than 65%.
3. In fan menu, I set MANUAL speed to value between 90 and 94%

After that display immediately start to blink. So two units and the same weird behavior... I think this suggests some sort of firmware or hardware bug.

Shoggy, what do you think about that? Are you able to notice same as me effect?

Freitag, 20. August 2010, 10:22

so does this second aquaero being installed at your frend's pc blink also?

Freitag, 20. August 2010, 12:23

When the second aquaero has the same problem I'm 100% sure that there is something wrong in your PC that is causing that problem. We have already sold thousands of them and never had such a problem.

At the moment I think your PSU might be the problem. If you use any cold cathodes it is also very likely that they are causing the problem since their cheap China inverters have been responsible for a lot of problems in the past.

Freitag, 20. August 2010, 12:26

YES, in my and friend's aquaero display blinks - in exactly same way.

Freitag, 20. August 2010, 12:47

Shoggy,

Second aquaero was connected to different PSU. What's more - there were no other parts connected to circut - only Aqua and power supply (no motherboard, no fans, no sensor). I've caused same blink effect only by editing settings in menu.

Summarizing:
First one, that is working in my computer - blinks.
Second one, that was brand new and connected for tests to PSU only - blinks also.

Look carefully to the movie - in both devices blink only appears when display is partially dimmed and fan "power input" is set to 90-94% - below and above that all is OK. This is the key to reproduce issue.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »akrzykalski« (20. August 2010, 18:00)

Samstag, 21. August 2010, 03:04

Currently we have no aquaeros with VF-Display in stock since we are waiting for a delivery of new displays. Will take around 4 weeks before we can test that. But so far no other customer has reported that problem so it is still a bit strange.

Samstag, 21. August 2010, 14:18

I've duplicate the settings an get the same result with my AE. So this could be a very strange bug or something like this.

FW: 4.22a
HV: 4.00
:rolleyes:

Samstag, 21. August 2010, 19:13

b0nez, how old is your aquaero? There are two different types of the VF-Display. Would be interesting if the problem only occurs with one of them or both.

Samstag, 21. August 2010, 22:12

Well, I haven’t been asked (yet :)), but both tested by me devices have Fataba’s VF display.

Sonntag, 22. August 2010, 00:43

That is the newer one. The old displays were from Noritake.

Sonntag, 22. August 2010, 11:31

I have here the same prolem with the VDF display. My aquaero is 8 Month old. I have this problem on two diffrent psu´s.

Sonntag, 22. August 2010, 18:39

b0nez, how old is your aquaero? There are two different types of the VF-Display. Would be interesting if the problem only occurs with one of them or both.

Bought last summer at the "Summer Special".
:rolleyes: