• 27.04.2024, 07:20
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquasuite fails to open

Mittwoch, 29. September 2010, 05:53

So, for 3 whole days i've had no problems with Aquaero+Multiswitch+Aquaduct. Today i go to open Aquasuite (v4.22a, WIN7 PROF 64bit) and it starts to load...but then disappears to be replaced with a window that says "Es lauft bereits eine Instanz der Aquasuite".
I presume this means something to the effect that only one instance of the application can run.
Ending the process in task manager and repeating the launch procedure results in the same error. Clearing the Aquero mem has no effect. So, I am unable to use Aquasuite. Why has this random event occurred? Is there a solution that doesn't involve entering all parameters, yet again?

Help gladly rec'd.

Mittwoch, 29. September 2010, 08:27

look in your systemtray (aquacomputer icon).

Mittwoch, 29. September 2010, 15:17

Many thanks for your reply, Sebastian.
You are correct, the Aquasuite icon does appear in the system tray...but only after having attempted to open Aquasuite directly (through task bar or from within application folder) which then quits, THEN go to system tray and open again! This can not be right. It was all working so fine up till yesterday.
Are there files i can replace/remove to enable correct functioning of the open sequence?

Mittwoch, 29. September 2010, 15:49

The aquasuite remembers it last state when you close it. So if close it minimized, it will also start minimized. Close it at fullscreen and it should start normally.

Mittwoch, 29. September 2010, 16:15

Thanks Shoggy, but that isn't the issue. I very rarely minimise the window.
To recap: on attempting to open Aquasuite normally, it appears (this happens very quickly) to try to open 2 windows (within the 1 Aquasuite main window, the one with the logo). All then disappears. Aquasuite will now appear in system tray and can only be opened here. It appears that Aquasuite is attempting to open 2 databases?

Very confusing.

Solved!!!!! I am a complete numpty!
START MINIMISED was checked in the EXTRAS item in the Aquasuite menu. Duhhhh! 8|

Thanks Shoggy & Seb for your patience. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: